Ultimate Sff

I want to mod a sff case the size that linus used in his latest sff build with the dancases ag4 or whatever the name was. Although I want to custom loop it the only thing is all of the panels come off and there isn't enough room inside the case to mount the radiator and reservoir. My idea is having the tubes rum from reservoir to cpu then cpu to gpu by going over the motherboard tray in the case he used then out the top on the gpu side to the radiator and back to the res. Now I want to do a pull config on a thick 240 rad I want to get the nonglass side panels. The plan is to drill holes one big per fan for airflow then mounting holes or maybe use the milled out holes for mounting the fans onto the side panel on the gpu side and have thin fans on the inside. Mount the radiator on the outside with fan grills and a dust filter under onto it. The fans would pull air into the case and psu would remove it. Hopefully thin fans would fit between the side panel and the gpu water block since the water block would increase space being smaller than most air coolers on gpu's. All the fans would be connected to fan hub that would be connected to the cpu fan header. The reservoir would be on the motherboard side of the case. on the outside. Using a small pump/res combo. Mount a drain valve you can open and close the the res and rad. Then the gpu to rad would go out the top over to the rad with a open close valve for closing then draining via the valve on the rad. Same strategy for the cpu to reservoir. This would make it so the side panels would still be able to be taken on and off and not have to drain the whole loop or make a mess. My only concern is would it be possible to use some sort of high flow valve without extremely hindering performance? I really want this to be my next build if its possible.

40 minutes ago, NoVxture said:

-

Have a look at my NCase M1 build, not Dan A4 SFX but actually fits 360 mm radiator space + D5 pump (8700k + 1080Ti).

image.thumb.png.eb71f1488079cf079d77a2f81b00ea6c.png20171205_201310.jpg

8 hours ago, For Science! said:

Have a look at my NCase M1 build, not Dan A4 SFX but actually fits 360 mm radiator space + D5 pump (8700k + 1080Ti).

image.thumb.png.eb71f1488079cf079d77a2f81b00ea6c.png20171205_201310.jpg

Yes but i want to cram a powerful pc in as small a case as possible components still inside the case wate loop idc 

Just now, NoVxture said:

Yes but i want to cram a powerful pc in as small a case as possible components still inside the case wate loop idc 

I just want to know is my idea possible.

7 minutes ago, NoVxture said:

if your idea is to cram a powerful PC in as small of a case as possible, sure it's possible. Take a look at the digital storm spark. It's like 1/3 the size of the ncase m1, fully watercooled and will be able to come with a 8700k & 1080ti I do believe.

Osmium: NFC Skyreach 4 // i7-8700k (delidd) // GTX 1080 // 32GB DDR4-3200Mhz // 1TB 960 Evo M.2 // 1.1TB MX300 m.2
Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow // Razer Orbweaver // Razer Kraken // Logitech G502 // Logitech K830 // LG 34UC88-B

Usage: Adobe Lightroom // Adobe Photoshop // Web Dev // Recording Gameplay // Video Editing // Portable Gaming

8 minutes ago, NoVxture said:

Your idea is very hard to visualize. Please try to draw a sketch and the possible components. As a minimum consider breaking up your wall of text to paragraphs.

It would be very difficult to have a powerful system in the a4-SFX AND watercooling. Pumps and radiators are very large at the end of the day. I think the NCase M1 is the realsitic limit to where you can minimize the case size.

3 minutes ago, Revamp said:

if your idea is to cram a powerful PC in as small of a case as possible, sure it's possible. Take a look at the digital storm spark. It's like 1/3 the size of the ncase m1, fully watercooled and will be able to come with a 8700k & 1080ti I do believe.

Yes but custom water loop a dan cases a4 sfx with some modding.

3 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Your idea is very hard to visualize. Please try to draw a sketch and the possible components. As a minimum consider breaking up your wall of text to paragraphs.

It would be very difficult to have a powerful system in the a4-SFX AND watercooling. Pumps and radiators are very large at the end of the day. I think the NCase M1 is the realsitic limit to where you can minimize the case size.

So the rad and res are mounted outside of the case if you read the rnd itll ecplain myt idea so easily deatching the doors is possible.

3 minutes ago, NoVxture said:

Ok I think I've vaguely understood the idea, but I do question whether after all that modding and mount of the radiator, fans, and pump res outside the case, whether its actually going to be smaller than the Ncase. Also, do you intend on doing hard turbing or soft?

While the Digital storm looks nice, I dont think there's enough radiator space to actually keep it a  quiet system.

If you want to watercool in the Dan case, you should have an totally external watercooling system and have pipes running out of the back with quick disconnects. This has been done in the past. No point making the main body of the PC bulky with modded mounts.

amvoith's A4-SFX Picture 03.jpg

3 minutes ago, NoVxture said:

1 minute ago, For Science! said:

Ok I think I've vaguely understood the idea, but I do question whether after all that modding and mount of the radiator, fans, and pump res outside the case, whether its actually going to be smaller than the Ncase.

While the Digital storm looks nice, I dont think there's enough radiator space to actually keep it a  quiet system.

Yeah, I wasn't recommending the spark by any means, my point was simply if they can do it in a case 1/2 the size of the dan a4, then sure it can be done in the a4. Pretty sure I've seen build logs in the A4 that were custom loop'd. Likely need a bit of modding/tinkering to get it to work though.

Osmium: NFC Skyreach 4 // i7-8700k (delidd) // GTX 1080 // 32GB DDR4-3200Mhz // 1TB 960 Evo M.2 // 1.1TB MX300 m.2
Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow // Razer Orbweaver // Razer Kraken // Logitech G502 // Logitech K830 // LG 34UC88-B

Usage: Adobe Lightroom // Adobe Photoshop // Web Dev // Recording Gameplay // Video Editing // Portable Gaming