Connecting two monitors via HDMI, and display port.

Its_Nathan

I'm trying to connect my 144hz monitor and 60hz monitor, but to run 144hz I have to use display port and I only have one display port, so I plugged in my monitors and now they're messed up.(my 144hz monitor is on the right and 60hz on the left).

16 minutes ago, Its_Nathan said:

I'm trying to connect my 144hz monitor and 60hz monitor, but to run 144hz I have to use display port and I only have one display port, so I plugged in my monitors and now they're messed up.(my 144hz monitor is on the right and 60hz on the left).

The computer has no way of knowing which monitor is on which side, it just has to guess randomly. If it's in the wrong position then you need to go to Settings -> System -> Display, and put them in the right order yourself.

Just now, Glenwing said:

The computer doesn't have eyes, it has no way of knowing which monitor is on which side, it just has to guess randomly. If it's in the wrong position then you need to go to Settings -> System -> Display, and put them in the right order.

Yea but its not recognising the monitor, it displays but the image is a bit messed up.

3 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

The computer has no way of knowing which monitor is on which side, it just has to guess randomly. If it's in the wrong position then you need to go to Settings -> System -> Display, and put them in the right order yourself.

a

Screenshot_1.jpg

1 minute ago, Its_Nathan said:
a

Screenshot_1.jpg

It is acting as if its one monitor?

1 minute ago, Glenwing said:

I can't tell what the problem is.

So basically my computer thinks that my dual monitor setup is one big monitor here is what is in my settings.

image.png.bbb86fade4ed55671dc0e9a166724f01.png

1 minute ago, Its_Nathan said:

So basically my computer thinks that my dual monitor setup is one big monitor here is what is in my settings.

I see. Make sure you have NVIDIA Surround / AMD Eyefinity disabled in the NVIDIA/AMD control panel.