Huanted GPU

DrBonesMcCoy

For some reason, whenever I turn my PC off, my ZOTAC 1070 FE's fan turns off with the system then ramps up to around 60% speed. I even unplugged it from the mains and for some reason the fan on it is still spinning. Any ideas?

The Darkened Phantom(With some light shining through)

CPU: I7-8700K @4.9Ghz 1.313 V Core

COOLER: Corsair H115i

GPU: 1070 Founders Edition @Stock settings

RAM: 16GB DDR4 CL14 TEAM GROUP DARK PRO 8PACK Hand picked Samsung B-Dies @ 3200mhz

PSU: Corsair RM 850X

CASE: Enthoo Pro M Special Edition

STORAGE: 1X 128GB SSD, 1X120GB SSD, 1 X 500GB NVME PCIE SSD and 1X 2TB HDD

3 minutes ago, DrBonesMcCoy said:

For some reason, whenever I turn my PC off, my ZOTAC 1070 FE's fan turns off with the system then ramps up to around 60% speed. I even unplugged it from the mains and for some reason the fan on it is still spinning. Any ideas?

So you are saying that the GPUs fans turn off for a few seconds, at the same time with the PC and then turn on again at ~60% speed? That might be caused by the Mobo/PSU. The mobo sending a wrong signal to the PSU and letting current flow through the GPUs connector.

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

6 minutes ago, DrBonesMcCoy said:

I even unplugged it from the mains and for some reason the fan on it is still spinning. Any ideas?

image.png.5de2484b969ca9f56a0aecef256b6fd5.png

call the p r i e s t

2 minutes ago, R3ep3r said:

So you are saying that the GPUs fans turn off for a few seconds, at the same time with the PC and then turn on again at ~60% speed? That might be caused by the Mobo/PSU. The mobo sending a wrong signal to the PSU and letting current flow through the GPUs connector.

Yes, but only the GPU turns back on

RAM: 16GB DDR4 CL14 TEAM GROUP DARK PRO 8PACK Hand picked Samsung B-Dies @ 3200mhz

5 minutes ago, R3ep3r said:

But even after I unplug it from the mains it still turn's on

Just now, DrBonesMcCoy said:

But even after I unplug it from the mains it still turn's on

That is impossible sir. The only way that could happen is if your computer is plugged into a UPS. Can you provide some kind of video ?

the_power_of_christ_compels_you_by_leonh

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

maybe try to update bios and gpu drivers?

i spent $3500(23,000dkr.) on building my pc and i only play csgo on low settings..

:Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700  CPU: Cooler: H100i v2  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming  RAM: Corsair Dominator 3000mhz 16GB  SSD: Kingston 960 GB  Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus viii Formula  PSU: Corsair RM 750x 80+ Gold  CASE: Coolermaster H500P

13 minutes ago, Generallee said:

That is impossible sir. The only way that could happen is if your computer is plugged into a UPS. Can you provide some kind of video ?

Not right now. But I left it unplugged from the mains for 1 hour and came back to find the fan still spinning

25 minutes ago, DrBonesMcCoy said:

Not right now. But I left it unplugged from the mains for 1 hour and came back to find the fan still spinning

We literally can't determine anything about what is happening unless you give us more specifics, image, video, etc.

26 minutes ago, DrBonesMcCoy said:

that is legitimately impossible.  after unplugging it from the wall there can be some power left in PSU caps but that would maybe be a second. 
So you might have unplugged the wrong cable

I make Rainmeter things and other art :D

This is utterly stupid xD 

You unplugged the wrong thing.

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...