MASSDROP - Viotek 32" 1800R Curved 1440p 144hz Gaming Monitor

DepressedOniondotcom

Hey

I've been looking for a monitor for quite a while now. However, my requirements seem to be ambitious and comprimices are inevitable. Found this (https://www.acerdisplay.com/monitor/gaming/xz321qu.html) monitor in a local store (Denmark), however at $700 it is quite expensive. It's hellah fine tho. Nice curved and everything. Been talking to the store about it because they just ran out the product and cant seem to find it anywhere else. They said the would be willing to sell the demo for about $420 which is a very good price. Though I would have to wait a few months for it to be avavible for purchase.

Then I found this (https://www.massdrop.com/buy/viotek-32-1800r-curved-1440p-144hz-gaming-monitor?utm_placement=0&referer=UFZJUE&mode=guest_open&utm_campaign=Automated Daily Promotional 2018-02-20&utm_source=SparkPost&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Daily Promotional&utm_content=1519122978949.643998387562411310653533) on MASSDROP. Seems like a good competitor at with the price. Though the high refreshrate is a bit of a concern for me (wth is "overdrive"?) 

TL;DR

Acer https://www.acerdisplay.com/monitor/gaming/xz321qu.html   

VS   

MASSDROP   https://www.massdrop.com/buy/viotek-32-1800r-curved-1440p-144hz-gaming-monitor?utm_placement=0&referer=UFZJUE&mode=guest_open&utm_campaign=Automated Daily Promotional 2018-02-20&utm_source=SparkPost&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Daily Promotional&utm_content=1519122978949.643998387562411310653533

Let's discuss! 

First, welcome to the forum!!

Both of these monitors look amazing spec wise. Though, they are both free-sync which is only good if you use an AMD card. They virtually have the same specs, except the Acer has a lower response time. This I think that this shouldn't be a problem since the difference between 6ms to 1ms is quite literally 5ms which I think should not make much of a difference. Though, I think the deal breaker is the HDR ready on the Acer monitor, which... if I have read correctly the Viotek does not have.

1 minute ago, Finnskii said:

First, welcome to the forum!!

Both of these monitors look amazing spec wise. Though, they are both free-sync which is only good if you use an AMD card. They virtually have the same specs, except the Acer has a lower response time. This I think that this shouldn't be a problem since the difference between 6ms to 1ms is quite literally 5ms which I think should not make much of a difference. Though, I think the deal breaker is the HDR ready on the Acer monitor, which... if I have read correctly the Viotek does not have.

Thank you very much :)

I'll definately get a GTX 1080 or 2070 when the price drops or the new series come out. In terms of GSync, it is just insanely expensive! Kinda already ruled out that option. I'm using a 1ms VA adaptive sync monitor atm. Been working fine with adaptive sync over gsync. 

I am wondering if 6/3ms will be noticeable for me. I mostly play WoW and ocasionally LoL. Maybe in LoL I will notice a difference. It's difficult to know. 

Then there is the pricetag difference. A 'used' Acer for the same price as a brand new one. Thogh it only has been used as demo. Will maybe have a little bit of burn-in if any at all. 

Also the Viotek only has 1 year of warrenty. In Denmark every product has 2 warrenty by law, so it would be hellah sad for it to break after a year or so. 

On 20/02/2018 at 5:12 PM, DepressedOniondotcom said:

Thank you very much :)

I'll definately get a GTX 1080 or 2070 when the price drops or the new series come out. In terms of GSync, it is just insanely expensive! Kinda already ruled out that option. I'm using a 1ms VA adaptive sync monitor atm. Been working fine with adaptive sync over gsync. 

I am wondering if 6/3ms will be noticeable for me. I mostly play WoW and ocasionally LoL. Maybe in LoL I will notice a difference. It's difficult to know. 

Then there is the pricetag difference. A 'used' Acer for the same price as a brand new one. Thogh it only has been used as demo. Will maybe have a little bit of burn-in if any at all. 

Also the Viotek only has 1 year of warrenty. In Denmark every product has 2 warrenty by law, so it would be hellah sad for it to break after a year or so. 

Sorry for the very late reply.

No, the 6 ms response time should not impact anything. If you do not believe me then use this website: https://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime/

I can not be sure of the reliability of it, but it seems about correct enough.

The price difference is the big thing I agree, the only thing that would drag me towards the Aser would be the HDR ready, you may not notice it but it makes such a big difference!

But considering everything, I think the Viotech has won, though the reliability of it is questionable, It should be ok but just ask the store about how long it has been on display, if it has been on for more than a year, it shouldn't die after another.

But, before you set your mind to it, there will be cool new monitors coming out at E3 so keep your eyes open, there has been some new technology teased late last year so I am quite excited!

I hope I have been useful!