Kingdom Come: Deliverance

4 hours ago, Technicolors said:

i find it immersion-breaking that the guards are able to tell you have stolen goods. plus merchants also can tell that you have stolen goods, so you can't sell those. i would understand a fence merchant (if there is one in-game), but neither a guard nor merchant should be able to tell 

There is a fence merchant. You can sell to the Miller, Theresa's uncle, for full price or other Millers for a reduced price. They have to have systems like this (people being able to spot stolen goods) or else the in-game economy would be worthless. In real life people's morals or fear of punishment keep them from stealing stuff, in a game world, these checks don't exist. We have no moral qualm about in-game stealing and we can just reload to avoid punishment if we want to. I'd rather have this system than a free for all where I can steal and sell with impunity and devalue every in-game item.

5950 - 3090 - 32gb - Aorus FV43U - Steam Deck - Fuji xPro 3 - Olympus OM1 n

was riding my horse down the bank of a big river as the sun was setting through the fog

birds singing, hoofs clipity clopping,

I was on my way to learn to read and was in no hurry

man this game is beautiful

8 hours ago, SpriteNo5 said:

There is a fence merchant. You can sell to the Miller, Theresa's uncle, for full price or other Millers for a reduced price. They have to have systems like this (people being able to spot stolen goods) or else the in-game economy would be worthless. In real life people's morals or fear of punishment keep them from stealing stuff, in a game world, these checks don't exist. We have no moral qualm about in-game stealing and we can just reload to avoid punishment if we want to. I'd rather have this system than a free for all where I can steal and sell with impunity and devalue every in-game item.

i still find more unrealistic that the AI is psychic. but if you have a high enough speech / rep then you can just trick them, or make sure you sell to a fence first.

another thing is if they notice stolen goods stored on your horse. so far i only had stolen goods on my person

• 2 weeks later...

How can i check what crime in i did in particular city? Guards in Ledetchko is hunting my ass and i don't know why. Lel

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

57 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

How can i check what crime in i did in particular city? Guards in Ledetchko is hunting my ass and i don't know why. Lel

if you stole something with witnesses then there'll be an icon

quick question, slight spoilers

Spoiler

Anyone able to find the charlatan after completing his quest miracles while you wait? the rioters and himself say he is in Letechkco but i don't see him 

8 hours ago, Technicolors said:

quick question, slight spoilers

Hide contents

Anyone able to find the charlatan after completing his quest miracles while you wait? the rioters and himself say he is in Letechkco but i don't see him 

Damn I forgot about actually doing that quest and now I started over. Isn't the charlatan in Sasau?

2 hours ago, chilicheeseburger said:

Damn I forgot about actually doing that quest and now I started over. Isn't the charlatan in Sasau?

when you complete the quest he says he'll be in Letechkco but can't find him. no star on the map for a new quest either 

im like 30 hours in and still crap at fighting, starting to get frustrated lol

21 minutes ago, kilgore_T said:

im like 30 hours in and still crap at fighting, starting to get frustrated lol

Enjoy that while you still can, once you get really good at fighting it gets pretty boring. Sometime you just one or 2 shot people. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 hour ago, xAcid9 said:

Enjoy that while you still can, once you get really good at fighting it gets pretty boring. Sometime you just one or 2 shot people. 

I hope it happens soon im tired of getting my ass kicked all the time and running away

Im hoping someone creates an assault rifle mod

2 hours ago, kilgore_T said:

I hope it happens soon im tired of getting my ass kicked all the time and running away

Im hoping someone creates an assault rifle mod

I once won a duel with a mercenary with pretty nice armors, i killed him after that and took his armors. :ph34r:

Spoiler

You can get one of the best longsword in treasure box around Ledetchko, go find that treasurebox and bring lockpicks. 

You can grind sword/fighting skill with Captain Bernard at Rattay, that way you'll git gud pretty fast. 

Bowman on horse and always keeping distance is my tactic. It sure isn't 'manly' according to my enemies but it keeps me save.

I just wish the game had crossbows.

Main rig: Mercury Hero

VR&HTPC: Nemesis

Test Bench: Old meets New

17 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

I once won a duel with a mercenary with pretty nice armors, i killed him after that and took his armors. :ph34r:

Hide contents

You can get one of the best longsword in treasure box around Ledetchko, go find that treasurebox and bring lockpicks. 

You can grind sword/fighting skill with Captain Bernard at Rattay, that way you'll git gud pretty fast. 

believe it or not I have been grinding with Bernard lol

but I still suck, I want to use my bow and arrows more but if there's more than 1 enemy I get my ass kicked

On 3/13/2018 at 11:06 AM, kilgore_T said:

believe it or not I have been grinding with Bernard lol

but I still suck, I want to use my bow and arrows more but if there's more than 1 enemy I get my ass kicked

This is how I leveled my bow skills:

While on horseback:

• Find a bandit camp
  • Lure them all into an open area like a field
  • ride around them in circles and keep your distance so they can't unhorse you
  • every time an enemy is running towards you, shoot them with your bow
  • repeat

On 3/13/2018 at 4:58 AM, SortOfGrim said:

Bowman on horse and always keeping distance is my tactic. It sure isn't 'manly' according to my enemies but it keeps me save.

I just wish the game had crossbows.

i find it interesting that no enemies fight you on horseback. they just try to throw you off to fight on foot 

How does this game compare to Miyazaki's Dark Souls? Feels very realistic, and looks like a true RPG simulation.

1 hour ago, Brouhahaha said:

How does this game compare to Miyazaki's Dark Souls? Feels very realistic, and looks like a true RPG simulation.

at the moment the game is too buggy. and i am tolerant of bugs, but this has frustrated me often

KCD combat is pretty realistic, but too clunky. feels slower with a controller, m+kb is best. first-person camera takes some used to. very tricky if you're outnumbered, mostly because of the loose targeting

worldbuilding is there, but mostly from codex pages, books or quests. presented a bit like assassins creed 

8 hours ago, Technicolors said:

at the moment the game is too buggy. and i am tolerant of bugs, but this has frustrated me often

KCD combat is pretty realistic, but too clunky. feels slower with a controller, m+kb is best. first-person camera takes some used to. very tricky if you're outnumbered, mostly because of the loose targeting

worldbuilding is there, but mostly from codex pages, books or quests. presented a bit like assassins creed 

Combat becomes much easier as you progress. In the beginning, if you're outnumbered you're pretty much f*cked. A soon as you're about 2/3 thru the main story you can easily take on 2 or 3 opponents at once. I'd almost say combat is too easy towards the end.

btw, anyone here like Sabaton?

About the game being buggy:

With the 1.3.1 patch they fixed a lot of things but in return they broke things that worked fine before. For example in the beginning after you fled to Talmberg, the cutscene with Sir Radzig doesn't trigger. Random encounters during fast travel are broken at least for me and many others.

I played thru the game once before the patch and while there were some bugs (some of which just seemed like oversights if you didn't do quests in a particular order... and at one point in the main story the game even tells you that some quests will fail if you continue.. but all it does is place map markers out of bounds ) none of them were game breaking for me.

5 hours ago, chilicheeseburger said:

Combat becomes much easier as you progress. In the beginning, if you're outnumbered you're pretty much f*cked. A soon as you're about 2/3 thru the main story you can easily take on 2 or 3 opponents at once. I'd almost say combat is too easy towards the end.

btw, anyone here like Sabaton?

About the game being buggy:

With the 1.3.1 patch they fixed a lot of things but in return they broke things that worked fine before. For example in the beginning after you fled to Talmberg, the cutscene with Sir Radzig doesn't trigger. Random encounters during fast travel are broken at least for me and many others.

I played thru the game once before the patch and while there were some bugs (some of which just seemed like oversights if you didn't do quests in a particular order... and at one point in the main story the game even tells you that some quests will fail if you continue.. but all it does is place map markers out of bounds ) none of them were game breaking for me.

the experience with bugs differ from person. i already ran into a few game breaking ones, all mostly pre-1.3 Some may not run into any major bugs. but there are bugs, it can affect the OP's experience with the game. it's a great game, but it needs time to get patches and fixes

On 3/17/2018 at 3:39 PM, Technicolors said:

the experience with bugs differ from person. i already ran into a few game breaking ones, all mostly pre-1.3 Some may not run into any major bugs. but there are bugs, it can affect the OP's experience with the game. it's a great game, but it needs time to get patches and fixes

I know, I read a lot about bugs online. I was just talking about my personal experience. What did you run into?