looking at getting into mining but dont know where to start

so i have a 980 ti 6gb and i dont pay for electricity. is it even worth mining with that gpu? if so where do i start? i have no clue what to download or anything any help is appreciated 

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

3 minutes ago, 208grom said:

so i have a 980 ti 6gb and i dont pay for electricity. is it even worth mining with that gpu? if so where do i start? i have no clue what to download or anything any help is appreciated 

Its calt google. 

Budget wat you want to do how mutch you want to invest how mutch your willing to lose 

"i reject your reality and substitute my own"

--- Workstion --- GamePc ---   

"College great Dropout Engineering"

No it's not worth getting on the mining train with 1 consumer grade PC. You are too late. 

There might be some Cryptos that might make you a bit of cash, but people looking into this now have no idea what they are doing and are complete amateurs looking to make a quick buck.

Not trying to be rude, that's just how I see this situation.  

Microsoft Certified IT Tech.

1 hour ago, 208grom said:

So first you'll have to figure out which coin you want to mine you could use a site like WhatToMine (980 Ti isn't on the list so you might need to do some digging to get the correct values) to see which one is the most profitable at the time. You should choose a coin and stick with it. You'll have to get a wallet, get mining software, and then choose a pool to mine to

For example if you were to mine Ethereum I'd recommend using Exodus or MyEtherWallet if you don't want to download the blockchain. For mining software I'd recommend PhoenixMiner or ethminer for Nvidia cards. As for a pool a pretty safe bet would be ethermine or nanopool. All of them should have tutorials that should be enough to get you started, but if you need more help feel free to post again.

I've also done some research on the 980 Ti when it comes to mining and it seems like you might have some trouble initially. This post on Reddit might help you if you have a low hashrate.

1 hour ago, Rasbir Singh said:

Nicehash is really easy to set up and it's good if you aren't interested in really getting into it, but I wouldn't recommend using it because of how ownership of coins work with them, the fact that a ton of Bitcoin has been stolen from the before, and their fees.

1 hour ago, mintlou said:

No it's not worth getting on the mining train with 1 consumer grade PC. You are too late.

I don't see any reason not to use a card to mine on the side when you don't pay electricity. If you're not using it why not make some money with it?

Crypto wallets

Spoiler

BTC/BCH: 1Cj6QoEWcW4eMSzSCFoTdUaDSDPx2d3MRh

ETH/ETC: 0x7Bedd8caF90393Fe8d7B3fB92a16E018f6A559E7

ZEC/ZCL: t1YvtW7KURn5gQgRTxUSMeFQGgyc8hFsiJr

DASH: XvcUAFbkrim7UmdP9vPJkucpJwo2YgK2RW

DCR:DsRTXueX9h5yPoEEohzLghx6fxSVDit72PT

SC: 4d4bc8273df19ecb1203520dee4420b21a40c9c353e47b7d4b791636c72f41b0ee3a331afd71

XMR: 48exYLUQWFkJh1Nk1CHXcWN4aEu6d8ovGgZskYaj92LYihdCZx2FaVLSFJhMdL8zrQ1152RG8pdj2BxfJXkKdHdWDqfaGSp