Heya,

So I've had my VPP755 from Alphacool running for some time now cuz it was working, kinda ^^

The problem I have now and always had with it is that I can't controll it through my BIOS or Asus AI Suite cuz it doesn't show.

I have the molex plugged in and the 4pin PWM header. The 4 Pin is connected to my pump header, I tried a normal pwm header as well.

I'm thinking it coul be because it doesnt give a pwm signal back, could that be a possibility?

It is working, however not controllable.

My Mainboard is a "ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC)" https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-X-HERO-WI-FI-AC/

Here a link to the pump: https://www.alphacool.com/shop/pumpen/alphacool-pumpen/20531/alphacool-eispumpe-vpp755-single-edition

Hope y'all can help me out here :)

3 hours ago, PaXe said:

-SNIP-

Is the potentiometer on the back of the pump turned all the way down it seems that it caps the max rpm of the pump when trying to run it via PWM. 

Using the rotary switch, the general maximum RPM for the pump can be set, which then cannot be exceeded by the PWM control. Practically, this means that if the pump is set to level 3 with a maximum RPM of 3200, you can also only reach a maximum RPM of 3200 through the PWM control.

12 hours ago, W-L said:

Is the potentiometer on the back of the pump turned all the way down it seems that it caps the max rpm of the pump when trying to run it via PWM. 

Yeah I know all that, the problem is that I can't control all it at all, its set to level 2 right now, but I still can't control the rpm.

Theoretically I should be able to set it in between whatever level 2 and the minimum is right? At least that's how I understood it.

5 hours ago, PaXe said:

Yeah I know all that, the problem is that I can't control all it at all, its set to level 2 right now, but I still can't control the rpm.

Theoretically I should be able to set it in between whatever level 2 and the minimum is right? At least that's how I understood it.

Yes that should be how it works, make sure the header you have it plugged into is setup with PWM based control and the 4 pin fan connector is what is plugged in.