Pc turned off during bios update and is now broken

Go to solution Solved by Assfault,
18 hours ago, Legendarypoet said:

Yeah. I don't have that exact board, but generally that's the port.

Woot! I finally got it working! What i did wrong was, I downloaded the latest BIOS file from the asus sight and renamed the .zip folder to 'M9H.CAP' and put the entire folder in the usb drive instead of extracting the .CAP file within and renaming that to 'M9H.CAP' and putting only that in the usb drive. The simple stuff always gets me the first time.

My pc crashed during a bios update, and now when ever i try to boot up this flashes on my screen:-

"Warning! BIOS Recovery mode has been detected, Please put the file "M9H . CAP" into HDD or a removable USB media device, And restart your computer. 

You can also insert ASUS Support CD to your CD-ROM and restart your computer,

if you have done these please wait a moment and don't shutdown system!!! 

System will be automatically rebooted"

Now obviously i tried to do what it said and plugged in an external cd drive with the asus support disk (the one i got with the motherboard), but nothing happened. I also downloaded the latest bios software from the asus website renamed it "M9H . CAP" and "M9H.CAP" and even that didn't do anything (the usb drive was formatted to FAT36). I checked the motherboard’s user guide and came across “ASUS Crash Free BIOS 3” but alas even that failed and i couldn’t get past the Warning screen. Checked asus support page and other forums but the few BIOS recovery topics where all specific to other motherboards.

PC info:-

Motherboard- Asus Maximus Hero IX

I am using and external cd drive with my pc - LG GP65NB60

Is there a specific port designated for USB flashback?

Edit: looks like there is. Just put it in there and hold down the USB flashback button for 3-5 seconds. Should be a circular arrow symbol.

Is there a specific port designated for USB flashback?

Edit: looks like there is. Just put it in there and hold down the USB flashback button for 3-5 seconds. Should be a circular arrow symbol.

The usb port with 'bios' written above it right?

3 minutes ago, Assfault said:

The usb port with 'bios' written above it right?

1 hour ago, Legendarypoet said:

I plugged the dvd drive into the bios slot and held down the Bios button with the 2 circular arrows for 2 seconds, then released, it lit up a blue colour and thats it nothing really happened after that. I Did this when my pc was connected to power but wasn't turned on, because when i tried to do this when the pc was turned on the bios button didn't light up or anything which made me think it wasn't working.

I downloaded the latest bios update from the ASUS web sight, twice, and renamed one of them to 'M9H.CAP' and the other i left as is. I put the files in a usb drive which i later plugged into the pc's bios usb slot and proceeded to press the bios button which again lit up and didn't do anything after that

Edit-

TLDR - I plugged the dvd driver in and pressed the Bios button with the 2 circular arrows which made the button light up.Thats it. I did this when my pc wasn't turned on, but connected to power.

Edited by Assfault
TLDR

18 hours ago, Legendarypoet said:

Woot! I finally got it working! What i did wrong was, I downloaded the latest BIOS file from the asus sight and renamed the .zip folder to 'M9H.CAP' and put the entire folder in the usb drive instead of extracting the .CAP file within and renaming that to 'M9H.CAP' and putting only that in the usb drive. The simple stuff always gets me the first time.