Blue Screen Help

NoLoMo

I finished building my PC about 3 weeks ago but today while using it I got a blue screen code: Memory Management. I did a windows memtest and it was fine, and AIDA64 test passed as well. Everything is at stock speeds except the RAM which I have at 3200. My question is there a bios memtest that I missed or is there something else I can test the ram with. Also how does ryzen run on 2133 is that much of a difference?

6 hours ago, NoLoMo said:

I finished building my PC about 3 weeks ago but today while using it I got a blue screen code: Memory Management. I did a windows memtest and it was fine, and AIDA64 test passed as well. Everything is at stock speeds except the RAM which I have at 3200. My question is there a bios memtest that I missed or is there something else I can test the ram with. Also how does ryzen run on 2133 is that much of a difference?

Try setting ram back to default and see what happens. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well if you don't use integrated graphics then RAM speeds should not matter. I'd try stock speeds for the memory like the guy above me have said. Also, you can try running memtest86 and see if your ram is faulty or not. Even new RAM can produce errors.

3 hours ago, haifisch said:

Well if you don't use integrated graphics then RAM speeds should not matter. I'd try stock speeds for the memory like the guy above me have said. Also, you can try running memtest86 and see if your ram is faulty or not. Even new RAM can produce errors.

I did clock it back to 3033 have not seen it blue screen. Also I thought Ryzen preferred the faster ram speeds.

I remember Linus making a video about ram speeds matter or better to say not matter much, but I don't remember if he tested with both AMD and Intel or just the latter :)

2 minutes ago, haifisch said:

I remember Linus making a video about ram speeds matter or better to say not matter much, but I don't remember if he tested with both AMD and Intel or just the latter :)

Well to my understanding for Intel it still hold true that ram speed does not really matter but from what I remeber and multiple people did say this that because of the infinity fabric ryzen prefers faster ram for the cache latency. 

I heard ryzen motherboards have stability issues with high speed ram, and that the fix would come as a bios update.

22 hours ago, SilverSoul said:

I heard ryzen motherboards have stability issues with high speed ram, and that the fix would come as a bios update.

I thought that was fixed already, since its been out for a while now. One would hope that for gen on the stability is now fine.

12 hours ago, SilverSoul said:

I'm not exactly sure about whether they fixed it maybe check the logs?

Either way I am using the latest BIOS already.