I am losing the will

i am at the end of my tether. 

Backstory

3 weeks a go I built my very first every brand new build. I have built from second hand bins and pc hundreds of times so I through I would be fine, I decided that I wanted to get a high end workstation pc with the possibility of a little gaming from time to time. After watch a load of LTT and reading a ton of reviews I found that I wanted to go team red. So these are the parts I decided on:

Asus rog crosshairs 6 extreme x370 am4 eatx 

Amd ryzen 7 1800x

cx 750 PST

16gb 2x8gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair vengeance lpx

power colour Red Devil rx580 8gb 

m.2 ssd for my boot drive

3TB hhd for everything else

custom water cooling loop. 

So I have been having issues with my graphics card from day one I went into the graphics forum and found my fix for that. Which was software and new thermal pads. I completed the pads today placed the card back into my pci slot boot and start some benchmark software to see how the card handles, I run the start of a 2d graphics test and while it goes through the tests my mb stays at 30 cpu 40 gpu 52 which it would seem are all great. When the test finishes it gives me the second worst score for my graphics card, on doming a little more reading I find that this could be a software issue so I remove all AMD software once again ensure that everything is gone (using iobits amazing unistaller) once all the software is removed I reboot my system and blam error code 69.

So I stop myself from making a pretty fire in my front room (wife was not happy when I told her I was getting the matches) go back to the forums end up on ASUS’s website and find a few tests,

1) I try the second pci slot and nope

2) I go back to the first ensuring that the card is seated correctly and nope

3) remove 1 stick of RAM and try the above 2 sets nope

4) try a different channel same ram and first 2 nope

5) try a different ram stick and follow task 1,2 and 4 nope

6)reset bios and retry nope

6 a) remove the 6 pin plug out of my graphics card leaving it with a 8pin (this is a dasiy chain connection.

7)reset bios and retry 1,2,4 and 5 and bam we get past vga 69 and get stuck onto 0d

At this point I walked away read some more and found a work around of resetting bios then pressing and holding down the start button till the boot led on the mobo lights up and we have lift of, I boot into bios force windows boot manager and it loads windows 10 fine, I reset the pc and it is as if nothing went wrong.

what the bloody hell happened. And what can I do to stop it happening again. I know that self building comes with some of these little adventures, but this just take the mick.

please help me out guys. 

Thanks

David 

3 minutes ago, DocDave said:

i am at the end of my tether. 

Backstory

3 weeks a go I built my very first every brand new build. I have built from second hand bins and pc hundreds of times so I through I would be fine, I decided that I wanted to get a high end workstation pc with the possibility of a little gaming from time to time. After watch a load of LTT and reading a ton of reviews I found that I wanted to go team red. So these are the parts I decided on:

Asus rog crosshairs 6 extreme x370 am4 eatx 

Amd ryzen 7 1800x

cx 750 PST

16gb 2x8gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair vengeance lpx

power colour Red Devil rx580 8gb 

m.2 ssd for my boot drive

3TB hhd for everything else

custom water cooling loop. 

So I have been having issues with my graphics card from day one I went into the graphics forum and found my fix for that. Which was software and new thermal pads. I completed the pads today placed the card back into my pci slot boot and start some benchmark software to see how the card handles, I run the start of a 2d graphics test and while it goes through the tests my mb stays at 30 cpu 40 gpu 52 which it would seem are all great. When the test finishes it gives me the second worst score for my graphics card, on doming a little more reading I find that this could be a software issue so I remove all AMD software once again ensure that everything is gone (using iobits amazing unistaller) once all the software is removed I reboot my system and blam error code 69.

So I stop myself from making a pretty fire in my front room (wife was not happy when I told her I was getting the matches) go back to the forums end up on ASUS’s website and find a few tests,

1) I try the second pci slot and nope

2) I go back to the first ensuring that the card is seated correctly and nope

3) remove 1 stick of RAM and try the above 2 sets nope

4) try a different channel same ram and first 2 nope

5) try a different ram stick and follow task 1,2 and 4 nope

6)reset bios and retry nope

6 a) remove the 6 pin plug out of my graphics card leaving it with a 8pin (this is a dasiy chain connection.

7)reset bios and retry 1,2,4 and 5 and bam we get past vga 69 and get stuck onto 0d

At this point I walked away read some more and found a work around of resetting bios then pressing and holding down the start button till the boot led on the mobo lights up and we have lift of, I boot into bios force windows boot manager and it loads windows 10 fine, I reset the pc and it is as if nothing went wrong.

what the bloody hell happened. And what can I do to stop it happening again. I know that self building comes with some of these little adventures, but this just take the mick.

please help me out guys. 

Thanks

David 

my guess is that some AMD software had something to do with the GPU or CPU preventing POST or edited something in the BIOS or the hardware decided to NOPE on you lol. has happened to me ALOT. to try and stop it don't use the uninstaller 

i7-7700k @4.8GHz

Asus Maxmius IX hero

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW 3

850w EVGA PSU

32GB corsair LPX ddr4 ram 

9 minutes ago, DocDave said:

Did you already try a different GPU? Or try that GPU in another system?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

another graphics card? is xmp enabled? (disable it)

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Xmp? What is that. That’s not the first time I have seen that but I have no idea what it means. 

Now I’m not fired up. I have a server unit waiting for me to get round to sorting out a nas pc. I guess I could have checked graphics hard Both ways.