CPU Fan speed error detected

Ae0lus

CPU fan is running really slow and clunky. The other fan has never run, not sure why this is the case.

POST is giving me this error. I'm running Kraken X61 cooling system on an Asus Z710 series motherboard.

What check list should I go through to get this resolved?

I have compressed air and ready to clean radiator. But, wondering if something else I should try first.

Maybe the fan is broken?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

Maybe the fan is broken?

This was my thoughts. It still spins, it's just clunky.

Dead fan if the fan is very odd itself and not running properly. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

@Ae0lus,  Check list as follows. make sure to do these checks with the system shut off and not in sleep/hibernation mode.

1. check that all the cables for the fans are properly seated on the connectors, especially the CPU/CPU OPT headers
  2. make sure no cables are pulling or pressing on FAN connectors especially if you have a fan hub or splitter
  3. make sure the molex power connector for any fan hubs/splitters are properly seated
  4. In the BIOS load a saved profile if any and reboot

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Hmm, I have a feeling it's a dead fan.

NZXT FX V2 140mm Performance PWM Fan

It seems to be out of stock:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NZXT-FX-140-Radiator-Fan/dp/B012FZ1ZCE/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1518552722&sr=1-1&keywords=NZXT+FX+V2+140mm+Performance+PWM+Fan

Any alternative suggestions? I have Amazon Prime, was hoping to get them for tomorrow to London.

It depends on your budget and style (stupid RGB) anyway look for either Akasa Apache 140mm or the re-branded Rosewill hyperborea 140mm in black, of course the Silent wings/Corsair/Noctua/etc would work too if you so desire.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

1 hour ago, Ae0lus said:

CPU fan is running really slow and clunky. The other fan has never run, not sure why this is the case.

POST is giving me this error. I'm running Kraken X61 cooling system on an Asus Z710 series motherboard.

What check list should I go through to get this resolved?

I have compressed air and ready to clean radiator. But, wondering if something else I should try first.

Wait, shouldn't it depend on what's in the CPU fan header?

If the pump is plugged in there, you could have a dying pump in that Kraken.

All depends on your setup.

Slightly worried, that I placed the canned air too close to the GPU, after cleaning the whole machine.

As now when I boot the PC up it does not display output. The fans on the GPU still run and the rest of the system seems to boot up. I know this is a painful thing to check for, but what check list should I follow now?