Artifacts in Windows but NOT BIOS

Hello,

A few days ago I was playing CSGO, and my PC kept randomly freezing and displaying a green screen with random shades of green on it while making terrible noises. I would just turn it off and recconect and all would be fine. A few days later my card stopped being recognized by the drivers so I reinstalled them. Although the card was visible in GeForce experience, the driver would never fully install. I started seeing some small artifacts in the form of blue lines near the top and bottom of the screen. I reinstalled windows (in an attempt to get the drivers to work), and now I see these artifacts in Windows, but not in the BIOS. I thought the card was dead, so I put it in another machine. There it worked fine with no artifacts. Back in my machine, again, the artifacts only show up in Windows NEVER the BIOS which makes no sense to me...

Any idea what this might be?

Thanks in advance!

Specs:

GTX 780

MSI Z79 Gaming 7

Any OC's or anything?

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

5 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

Any OC's or anything?

There was before. Never went over 1.3V. Not anymore.

Thank you for your reply.

1. Is mobo or RAM somehow faulty? 
  2. PSU?

From what you said it doesn't look like a software problem. (Have you tried using DDU to uninstall then reinstall?)

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

1 minute ago, bob51zhang said:
  1. Is mobo or RAM somehow faulty? 
  2. PSU?

From what you said it doesn't look like a software problem. (Have you tried using DDU to uninstall then reinstall?)

I'm not sure if either of those are faulty. I managed to boot into windows without any lines. But now I can't install a driver... When it installs it tells me to restart then it's gone. I don't know what's going on. Any idea?

Boot with integrated graphics into windows. 

Use DDU to completely uninstall all GPU drivers.

Plug GPU back in, turn on, and hope fo the best.

Spoiler

30 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

Boot with integrated graphics into windows. 

Use DDU to completely uninstall all GPU drivers.

Plug GPU back in, turn on, and hope fo the best.

Yeah, doesn't work. Really not sure why. I can't install the driver :/

:(

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Hello,

A few days ago I was playing CSGO, and my PC kept randomly freezing and displaying a green screen with random shades of green on it while making terrible noises. I would just turn it off and recconect and all would be fine. A few days later my card stopped being recognized by the drivers so I reinstalled them. Although the card was visible in GeForce experience, the driver would never fully install. I started seeing some small artifacts in the form of blue lines near the top and bottom of the screen. I reinstalled windows (in an attempt to get the drivers to work), and now I see these artifacts in Windows, but not in the BIOS. I thought the card was dead, so I put it in another machine. There it worked fine with no artifacts. Back in my machine, again, the artifacts only show up in Windows NEVER the BIOS which makes no sense to me...

Any idea what this might be?

Thanks in advance!

Specs:

GTX 780

MSI Z79 Gaming 7

Could still be the card...sounds like cards memory... my buddy had a 960 that was acting up and would not work in his one pc, put it in mine and ran a 4 hour stress test with no issues, then put it in his other pc and worked fine for an hour then completely dead. Sometimes a gpu can be dead but not completely dead and it's annoying for TSing. Even a dead GPU will usually display bios, it's an extemely simple screen to render.