Open NAT on Asus RT-AC66U-B1

Need help with port forwarding so i can change my PS4 NAT type to open.

Tried following videos and other forum posts step by step but I cant seem to figure it out.

Any info would be great.

Screenshot_20180212-220834.png

Hey man, Easy peasy!

First, lets fix your IP for the playstation. Start this by going to your Network map when your playstation is turned on, for this example, I will use my server PC.

0cMkjti.png

The click on client list, View list, click that.

C4luoXx.png

Find your playstation and note the MAC Address. Then click the MAC address and name it, in my case, SERVER_PC.

Then head over to Advanced settings> LAN> DHCP Server.

Scroll down to the bottom, in the drop down box click on your PS4, (my example is SERVER_PC), then enter the IP address you want to give it. It NEEDS to be 192.168.1.***, the last 3 digits you can pick. head back to the client list further up and ensure that you dont duplicate, its best to note what the existing one is in the client list and re-use it. The hit apply!

DkYRonE.png

Next up! Port forwarding!

Assuming you have done your research and know which ports you need to forward...

Head over to Advanced settings > WAN > Virtual Server / Port triggering.

Service name, call it what you want, source target, i always just use the port number, port range but the port number, local IP find your PS4, local port, enter the port AGAIN, then Protocol I always just hit both. I know most of this is probably wrong but its what works for me. Then hit ADD and APPLY.

YKMrEvS.png

Give that a try anyways, hopefully it works!

Also... The router is normally gamer friendly so BEFORE you do the above, check out this:

Advanced Settings > WAN > Internet Connection > Basic Config... ensure that NAT is YES and UPNP is YES.

hiWUV27.png

Like I say, I may be wrong in some places but, I feel it should at least get you out of the blocks for a slightly greater understanding.

38 minutes ago, RickL said:

Hey man, Easy peasy!

First, lets fix your IP for the playstation. Start this by going to your Network map when your playstation is turned on, for this example, I will use my server PC.

0cMkjti.png

The click on client list, View list, click that.

C4luoXx.png

Find your playstation and note the MAC Address. Then click the MAC address and name it, in my case, SERVER_PC.

Then head over to Advanced settings> LAN> DHCP Server.

Scroll down to the bottom, in the drop down box click on your PS4, (my example is SERVER_PC), then enter the IP address you want to give it. It NEEDS to be 192.168.1.***, the last 3 digits you can pick. head back to the client list further up and ensure that you dont duplicate, its best to note what the existing one is in the client list and re-use it. The hit apply!

DkYRonE.png

Next up! Port forwarding!

Assuming you have done your research and know which ports you need to forward...

Head over to Advanced settings > WAN > Virtual Server / Port triggering.

Service name, call it what you want, source target, i always just use the port number, port range but the port number, local IP find your PS4, local port, enter the port AGAIN, then Protocol I always just hit both. I know most of this is probably wrong but its what works for me. Then hit ADD and APPLY.

YKMrEvS.png

Give that a try anyways, hopefully it works!

Also... The router is normally gamer friendly so BEFORE you do the above, check out this:

Advanced Settings > WAN > Internet Connection > Basic Config... ensure that NAT is YES and UPNP is YES.

hiWUV27.png

Like I say, I may be wrong in some places but, I feel it should at least get you out of the blocks for a slightly greater understanding.

Thank you very much! I will try this when I get home.