how do i power my case power LED

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
3 hours ago, SidharthAGupta said:

-SNIP-

For your power LED if you want to wire it directly to your PSU at 5V your going to require a resistor to limit the current. Your going to want around a 150ohm resistor for a 3V based LED. 

hello freinds,

im buildimg a new rig and found out my motherboards (power led ) pins is defective,so everything works except case power led lights

so i was i wondering if it would be ok if i connect my power led(+,-) header into the (+5V and Ground ) header in the speaker header in my motherboard

info-i have alredy tried and my oower led lits up,but i was just making sure if its ok..

2-would connecting my power led header to the 5v rail in my molex connecter a better option(as my old case's power led light stopeed working after a year i plugged it in the speaker led header similarly)?

3 hours ago, SidharthAGupta said:

-SNIP-

For your power LED if you want to wire it directly to your PSU at 5V your going to require a resistor to limit the current. Your going to want around a 150ohm resistor for a 3V based LED. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Or just get some RGB strips and turn the whole darn case into a power indicator.

Desktop: [Processor: Intel Skylake i5 6600K (stock for now)][HSF: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO]
[PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2][Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Silver]
[Motherboard: AsRock Z170 Extreme4][RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666]
[Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 03G-P4-6160-KR]
[Hard Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB]
Notebook: [HP Envy x360 15z][Ryzen 7 2700U w/ Radeon RX Vega 10][8GB RAM][256GB m.2 nVME SSD]

Gaming:[SteamID: STEAM_0:0:1792244 - "[TC]CreepingDeath"]