Which keyboard is better

Hi everyone. I'm stuck in a pickle. I want to buy a new gaming keyboard. I've narrowed it down to the Corsair k95 platinum or the Razer Black widow v2. I'm going to take the speed/yellow switches. I type a lot as well .Please tell me which is better.

k95

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I have both and I like them both equally - they are both Fantastic keyboards and they each have strengths and weaknesses

K95 Platinum Pros

1. Solid build quality 

2. ZERO key wobble on the Cherry MX switches

3 .Metal face-plate

4. Floating switch design makes for great lighting effect.

5. Corsair makes in house double shot PBT keycap set for their keyboards so if u need better keycaps you can upgrade easily but at a price

6. Volume wheel is very convenient and I think it should be standard on all keyboards  - it the most useful feature of Corsair Premium mechanical keyboards

7. On board memory for 3 profiles so you can play anywhere anytime without needing an internet connection to download settings

K95 Platinum Cons

1. cherry  stabilizers rattle and don't feel as good as co star stabilizers

2.  software is nowhere near as good as the Razer synapse software

3. No blue switch option for people who like Clicky switches

4. Wrist rest not great - too hard and too small

5. Cherry MX switches are rated for 50 million keystrokes compared to Razer switches - 80 million keystrokes

Razer Blackwidow V2 Pros

1. Costar stabilizers are better than cherry ( corsair uses cherry stabilizers ) - ZERO rattle ( I have both and I'm speaking from personal experience of over 2 years ) 

2. Razer switches rated for 80 million keystrokes

3. GREAT Software

4. Razer Green switches ( 2017 V2 - Greetech ) are the best clicky switches to type on ( IMHO ) - very satisfying and addictive to type on

5. Great keyboard design

6. White under-plate makes the LED colors pop

7. Solid build quality

8. BEST Wrist rest available - soft pillowy and extremely comfortable when gaming or typing - 

9. Best looking design out there ( IMHO)

Razer Blackwidow V2 Cons

1. Switches are a bit wobbly  - nothing serious but they wobble a bit compared to cherry MX switches

2. the USB extension jack and headphone jack are located on the right hand side close to the right hand and may get int the way of right handed people 

3. I prefer the open switch type look of corsair keyboards overall - - it makes for a better lighting effect

4 - No dedicated Volume wheel - Corsair has a dedicated volume wheel which makes it really easy to control volume on the fly without having to fumble with function switches 

5 . Internet connection needed to download profiles if you playing on someone else's machine which I admit is kinda rare -

Profiles can be stored on you computer and accessed offline but if you by chance decide to take your keyboard to use on some else's computer and there is no internet connection ( which is extremely unlikely - unless you in a Forrest ) then you have a problem accessing your keyboard profiles 

Of all the thing I wish the Blackwidow V2 had  - it has to be the Dedicated volume Wheel - If Razer implements this and tightens up QC to have ZERO key wobble on their switches then I think it will outshine the Corsair 

I7 8700K - 4.7 OC , Asrock Z370 Extreme4 MB, MSI GTX 970 ,  NZXT H440 , Corsair H110 , 16gig Balistix ram  , Razer Huntsman Elite - Razer Purple Opto-Mechanical Key Switches  -   , Logitech G502 , Samsung 850 Pro bootup drive, Antec Edge 750 modular PSU

razer tends to make better keyboards than corsair especially since synapse is way better than CUE, the hate on razer switches is also unwarranted. To me I think there are better keyboards than those two but I'd definitely go for a razer keeb over a corsair.

3 minutes ago, SilverSoul said:

razer tends to make better keyboards than corsair especially since synapse is way better than CUE, the hate on razer switches is also unwarranted. To me I think there are better keyboards than those two but I'd definitely go for a razer keeb over a corsair.

I agree !

I have Corsair a  K70 RGB with speed switches and a K95 Platinum with brown switches ( Which I don't like at all )  and Also an early blackwidow chroma ( 2014 )  with kailh greens and recently got  a new 2018 Blackwidow Chroma V2 which has become my main Keyboard - although I do swap out with the K70 occasionally 

I regret getting the Brown switches on th K95 - they are ok but they have no character - they feel like faulty red switches - the tactile bump is a joke - 

for me a true tactile switch is the Razer Green by Greetech - like what's used on the Blackwidow V2

I find it strange that so many people place the corsair Platinum and K70 over blackwidow V2 - 

To me it seems like a lot of people are still associating the new V2 with the earlier V1 that used the shitty , unreliable kailh switches - 

My first V1 BW Chroma with the kailh switches had switches failing withing 3 months of purchase - some switches stopped clicking and felt like cherry browns - and the overall feel of the switches was very inconsistent ove rthe entire keyboard

the new Blackwidow Chroma V2 is another story altogether - Love this keyboard and would recommend it to anyone considering getting one .

My  suggestion to Razer for any updates to the Blackwidow line would be the following .

1.Eliminate key wobble on the switches completely if possible 

2.PLEASE incorporate a dedicated  volume Wheel 

3. - PBT keycap set as an option - like what corsair has just offered on their website

4. - Re locate the headphone and USB jacks to the rear of the keyboard - some right handed people find that the cables get in the way 

I7 8700K - 4.7 OC , Asrock Z370 Extreme4 MB, MSI GTX 970 ,  NZXT H440 , Corsair H110 , 16gig Balistix ram  , Razer Huntsman Elite - Razer Purple Opto-Mechanical Key Switches  -   , Logitech G502 , Samsung 850 Pro bootup drive, Antec Edge 750 modular PSU

13 hours ago, Alaradia said:

both are good it just realy comes down to whether you prefer Razer or Corsair

agree - Both are good - I prefer Costar stabilizers and clicky switches so for me - I would get a Blackwidow V2 with Green switches 

the K95 only comes in speed and Brown switches - I personally don't like browns but Speed switches good .