8087 SAS cables question

ill start from the beginning ordered my HBA+ cables about 2 weeks ago

my LSI sas 9207-8i from amazon showed up yesterday a day early, came all the way from china , well amazon had there in-house delivery service do the final leg for some stupid reason , they left the HBA along with the 8087 to sata cables in the amazon yellow envelope package outside of my house in the pouring rain , the card is trash ive already ordered a new one after calling amazon  , person from amazon wouldn't stop saying were sorry ect . i have a mail box at the street which the card+cables would of fit no problem , they had to walk past it to put it where they did , but they didnt.

the cables are sealed well in there plastic baggie, they didn't want to refund them since they are packaged well since there is no moister in the plastic bags the cables are in , i think they are safe to use or am i wrong ?

i dont want to screw around since im attaching 8tb reds+ gold to this .

since they wanted it back asap . the box had water coming out of it for the controller , left it behind my server exhaust to try and dry the box out enough to mail it back . didn't think UPS would take a package dripping . its mostly dry now the box for the HBA. here is one of the sas cables images to save time .i have a few of them but they are all the same , also have a port expanded ordered but they hasn't show up yet

ecCy4zM.jpg

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

Take the cable out of the bag, check to see if there's any moisture present. If the bag was actually vacuum sealed, then it should be 100% fine.

Check the connectors, shine a light so you can see inside both ends, as long as they're dry, they'll be fine.

After opening the bag, let them sit in a warm, dry place, inside, for a few days before using them.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

7 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Take the cable out of the bag, check to see if there's any moisture present. If the bag was actually vacuum sealed, then it should be 100% fine.

Check the connectors, shine a light so you can see inside both ends, as long as they're dry, they'll be fine.

After opening the bag, let them sit in a warm, dry place, inside, for a few days before using them.

there wasnt any water ,mist ect in any of the bags thank god  . the warmest place is right where i got them behind my 8700x dumping heat while folding @ home . but the replacement amazon is sending by there shipper again and i got a chance of rain Friday when its to be delivered  ,gave me 1 day shipping for my troubles.

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

well have a update wish it was better . got the replacement card a little bit ago today , installed it into my centos server and nothing . it gets stuck on a blinking cursor for the LSI controller with HDD's attached and without , reseating it/ moving it to different PCI slot did no good . it had some life the HBA when i put it in a dual core dell but i couldn't do much on that system with it has i think PCI 1 . centos server boots fine when its not installed the HBA . trying to see if it needs drivers but so far it looks like centos has all of the ones im trying to install installed . if i should start a new thread i will . didnt want to do it for something that might be simple .

card is a LSI 9207-8i

server is 8700x, asus PRIME X299-A

main rig

Spoiler

Spoiler