Is my Gainward Phoenix 980Ti fried?

Hi everyone!

My 980Ti has stopped working properly. I've experienced green dots on screen + screen freezes and consequent BSOD saying "video scheduler internal error".

I've tried to clean uninstall everything in safe mode using DisplayDriverUninstaller, reinstalled the most recent drivers (that I was already using) plus an older version and in both the installations I've had those green dots plus screen freeze right there on Windows, after the installation of the drivers was complete.

This is the picture of what comes up on screen:

2018-02-07-16-00-21.png

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4,7GHz GPU: *no comment* Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero
CPU Cooler: beQuiet! Dark Rock TF RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GBx2 DDR4 3200MHz CL14 Case: SilverStone RVX-01 PSU: CoolerMaster V700
Display: AOC e2450Swh Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB (OS), Seagate Firecuda SSHD, 2TB

8 minutes ago, TheOnlyDuken said:

Hi everyone!

My 980Ti has stopped working properly. I've experienced green dots on screen + screen freezes and consequent BSOD saying "video scheduler internal error".

I've tried to clean uninstall everything in safe mode using DisplayDriverUninstaller, reinstalled the most recent drivers (that I was already using) plus an older version and in both the installations I've had those green dots plus screen freeze right there on Windows, after the installation of the drivers was complete.

This is the picture of what comes up on screen:

2018-02-07-16-00-21.png

Yep. It's Fried. If your not on a OC and it shows up still then yes the GPU is dying.

Things you can also try in order from the easiest:

- Underclocking &/or undervolting (may work without artifacting for a while this way, but it's still going to die soon-ish)

- Flashing the vBIOS ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2J3yhGhMkU )

- baking the GPU (also, a temporary solution if it works at all, cause the card will fail in some time anyway, usually not a long period)

But overall, yeah. The card is pretty much dying from what we can see here.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White