Need a silicon cord for tube bending.

I'm going with tubes that have a 12mm ID, and I can't seem to find any silicon cords online. I tried ordering one off amazon, it said it was delivered and it simply wasn't. Anything reputable that you guys know of?

3 minutes ago, Doomerson said:

I'm going with tubes that have a 12mm ID, and I can't seem to find any silicon cords online. I tried ordering one off amazon, it said it was delivered and it simply wasn't. Anything reputable that you guys know of?

did you contact amazon and state that the one you had ordered had not arrived?

23 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

did you contact amazon and state that the one you had ordered had not arrived?

Not yet, I still have to look into doing that. You know what, I ought to do that right now :P

It is possible to freehand it, you get the tube nice and hot, then bend and work it with your fingers to keep it round, can't say I'd super recommend it because it'll take a fair bit of practice to not totally screw up. If you use a size down chord and then work it with your fingers it can be successful too and less chance of totally screwing up compared to just freehanding. Packing it with sand is also an option although I can't say I've ever heard it done for acrylic tube, just copper.

2 minutes ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

It is possible to freehand it, you get the tube nice and hot, then bend and work it with your fingers to keep it round, can't say I'd super recommend it because it'll take a fair bit of practice to not totally screw up. If you use a size down chord and then work it with your fingers it can be successful too and less chance of totally screwing up compared to just freehanding. Packing it with sand is also an option although I can't say I've ever heard it done for acrylic tube, just copper.

Turns out the tube ended up in my girlfriends car xD
This is my first time doing hard line tubing, and I quite frankly I want to be comfortable with working with a silicon insert before I try freehand bends.

3 minutes ago, Doomerson said:

Turns out the tube ended up in my girlfriends car xD
This is my first time doing hard line tubing, and I quite frankly I want to be comfortable with working with a silicon insert before I try freehand bends.

Yeah probably worth waiting the day or two to get the right stuff.  Still a good idea to work the tube while it's hot even with the insert inside to make sure it stays nice and round.

Just now, AlexTheGreatish said:

Yeah probably worth waiting the day or two to get the right stuff.  Still a good idea to work the tube while it's hot even with the insert inside to make sure it stays nice and round.

Thanks for the heads up.

2 hours ago, Doomerson said:

Not yet, I still have to look into doing that. You know what, I ought to do that right now :P

Make sure you do it asap lol. They'll basically say screw you if you take too long to message them. :)