Adding program to firewall

Evellence
Go to solution Solved by LAwLz,

Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security -> Inbound Rules -> New Rule...

Rule type - port

Protocol and Ports - TCP and specific local ports: 12975

Action - Allow the connection

Profile - Private

Name - Hamachi Initiation

Repeat the steps but change the port number to 32976 and name it to Hamachi Session.

That will allow incoming hamachi handshakes as well as the actual session through your firewall, assuming you use the build in one.

Hello guys! How are you doing today?

I have this issue adding hamachi to firewall. Yes i hate hamachi too, but i had some issues with port forwarding and just got this instead. 

I have been disabling firewall while playing with firend, which is kinda scary to do. 

Problem is, while looking at firewall allowed apps list, there is no hamachi. And i tried to manually add the .exe and that did not work either. 

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you for reading!

although there are benefits to having the extra level of security, if you have a router between you and your internet connection (as with 99.9% of internet service providers these days) and you arent in a public space, i would say turning the firewall off when in a "non public" connection is perfectly fine to do. I personally have my computer set up for Domain / Private internet connection spaces to have firewall turned off, but turned on for when i connect to Public spaces. 

however if you are adding the application to be completely unrestricted you should be fine by adding the EXE (although make sure it doesnt spawn multiple processes with different executables) ive never really used Hamachi so i cant remember how it works.

Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security -> Inbound Rules -> New Rule...

Rule type - port

Protocol and Ports - TCP and specific local ports: 12975

Action - Allow the connection

Profile - Private

Name - Hamachi Initiation

Repeat the steps but change the port number to 32976 and name it to Hamachi Session.

That will allow incoming hamachi handshakes as well as the actual session through your firewall, assuming you use the build in one.