Do memory prices actually make Coffee Lake much cheaper than Ryzen?

Bhav
10 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Also that G Skill ram would be £100 more than the cost of my 8700k. I really dont think Im getting that big a bottleneck with CL14 2700 to need to have spent that much more on the G Skill / samsung b die.

well for now, but think about in 3years when you buy a graphics card that is 90% faster then the graphics cards now.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

1 minute ago, DarkSmith2 said:

well for now, but think about in 3years when you buy a graphics card that is 90% faster then the graphics cards now.

In three years when ram prices come down I can sell my current ram and buy whatevers the best for much less. 

Linus is my fetish.

2 hours ago, Bhav said:

Well maybe you should learn to read English better then?

yes maybe I should but thankfully arabic numbers are the same in most languages. But since

1 hour ago, MageTank said:

CoffeeLake is the exact same as Skylake and Kaby Lake from an architecture standpoint, it's safe to assume it scales in the exact same way that they do.

or atleast very similarly.

But do realy get £135 worth of improvment for 16GB extra RAM?

3 minutes ago, TitanXp said:

But do realy get £135 worth of improvment for 16GB extra RAM?

Ramcache or Ramdrive:

And typically 32 Gb tends to be less cost per GB than 16 GB, etc.

Linus is my fetish.

14 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Ramcache or Ramdrive:

ok. If your workload actually benefits from Ramcache then thats great. But I hope you haven't based your purchasing decision on a video with unlabeled graphs from a company that sells RAM.

12 minutes ago, TitanXp said:

ok. If your workload actually benefits from Ramcache then thats great. But I hope you haven't based your purchasing decision on a video with unlabeled graphs from a company that sells RAM.

No I had 32 Gb long before (Asus) Ramcache even came out.

Linus is my fetish.