Newbie needs help

I recently started building my own PC for the first time, and I accidently got some thermal grease in my motherboard sockets as well as in between the CPU pins. Would it be a good idea to pour 92% isopropyl alcohol into the sockets and also submerge my CPU up until the pin line? I wouldn't drown my motherboard, just enough to fill the sockets, and I would just tip the motherboard over to drain it or get a compressed air canister to dry it. For the CPU, I was thinking I would take a soft paint brush dipped in more alcohol to wipe the paste out.

I think you'd be okay, better than paste all over it. But Do not use anything to wipe down the inside of the socket.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

19 minutes ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

I think you'd be okay, better than paste all over it. But Do not use anything to wipe down the inside of the socket.

ok thanks

31 minutes ago, szhang1 said:

I recently started building my own PC for the first time, and I accidently got some thermal grease in my motherboard sockets as well as in between the CPU pins. Would it be a good idea to pour 92% isopropyl alcohol into the sockets and also submerge my CPU up until the pin line? I wouldn't drown my motherboard, just enough to fill the sockets, and I would just tip the motherboard over to drain it or get a compressed air canister to dry it. For the CPU, I was thinking I would take a soft paint brush dipped in more alcohol to wipe the paste out.

that will be fine just do not use the motherboard for a few hours to be sure all the alcohol has evaporated .ideally leave it over night and then again in the morning