Weird left click bug Win10

CandleJakk

Hey all, got a really annoying issue. Basically, every 30 seconds or less my left click will stop working and I'll have have to right click somewhere on the screen (only works when clicking in an area where right clicking will bring up a menu) for me to be able to left click on things again. I can still left click on things inside each tab within the Chrome or whatever program I'm in, but I can't click on tabs to switch (even though I use ctrl+tab anyway, but it's still frustrating) between them or click on anything in this task bar (neither programs nor the clock/calendar, for example).

Anyone else having this issue / anyone have a solution?

Thanks!

I'm willing to provide additional detail if anyone wants to know anything that could be causing the problem, so please ask if there's any detail I've left out because I really want to get this solved!

1 hour ago, CandleJakk said:

Hey all, got a really annoying issue. Basically, every 30 seconds or less my left click will stop working and I'll have have to right click somewhere on the screen (only works when clicking in an area where right clicking will bring up a menu) for me to be able to left click on things again. I can still left click on things inside each tab within the Chrome or whatever program I'm in, but I can't click on tabs to switch (even though I use ctrl+tab anyway, but it's still frustrating) between them or click on anything in this task bar (neither programs nor the clock/calendar, for example).

Anyone else having this issue / anyone have a solution?

Thanks!

I'm willing to provide additional detail if anyone wants to know anything that could be causing the problem, so please ask if there's any detail I've left out because I really want to get this solved!

Well first thing to try is obviously another mouse to see if it still does it, but of course also try to update the driver for it and go to the windows troubleshooter and click on the hardware troubleshooting.

Just hit start and type troubleshoot to get to that control panel menu.

56 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

does it happen with a touchpad or an "actual" mouse?

With a mouse.

9 minutes ago, stateofpsychosis said:

Well first thing to try is obviously another mouse to see if it still does it, but of course also try to update the driver for it and go to the windows troubleshooter and click on the hardware troubleshooting.

Just hit start and type troubleshoot to get to that control panel menu.

I'll try and borrow a friend's mouse, as I don't have a spare for some odd reason. I'll try the driver / troubleshooter thing now, thanks for the advice!

3 minutes ago, CandleJakk said:

I'll try and borrow a friend's mouse, as I don't have a spare for some odd reason. I'll try the driver / troubleshooter thing now, thanks for the advice!

no prob.