Headphone suggestion

Hi I have an aging pair of hd280pro that I really like how they sound but now I want to buy a new pair and I'm open to suggestions 

The things I don't like its cable failed on me relatively soon and I had to get a repair, it clamps your head like if its live depended on it! and some people tells me they have poor sound stage? 

Some friends have told me to check the m40x but I haven't get the chance to listen to them, same thing with the edifier 850, any idea? my budget is 100 or less

Please I know many of you love the p9500 but I'm not really in to that, neither the hd519 this one maybe not that bad but ultimately not, besides I have listened to the m40, m50x, the mdr7506, mdr v55, m20/x, hd201, hd200, hd439, although I don't find this last group as annoying as the first one hahaha I kind of like my 280 more so, having all those variables in mind what would you recommend me?

in addition to that I have listened to other cans but either don't remember as well to make a comparison or they sounded meh or trash to me... aka: cal, superlux etc.

M40Xs are good only if you put HM5 pads on them. If you don't like the SHP9500s I'd look at the Takstar Pro 82, Brainwavz HM5, or hey even the Monoprice Retros are super fun with god tier low end and sound stage.

Bose QC25's.  The only way to go.  Granted they are headphones only and do not include a mic, (unless they added one today).

2 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Bose QC25's.  The only way to go.  Granted they are headphones only and do not include a mic, (unless they added one today).

What? No, no, no. Bose is very poor quality for the money. They are another Beats in my opinion. They are the company when you've moved away from the Beats type headphones, but still haven't gotten into audiophile stuff. They are like the gatekeeper, once you pass them then you have entered the audiophile realm.

My mistake but I have been using Bose speakers and headphones since I bought my first pair of 901's while stationed at Clark Air Base in the Philippines back in 1976.  I have never had any problems at all with any of my Bose products.

9 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

My mistake but I have been using Bose speakers and headphones since I bought my first pair of 901's while stationed at Clark Air Base in the Philippines back in 1976.  I have never had any problems at all with any of my Bose products.

It’s not that there are “problems” it’s that there is just better for the money.

9 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

M40Xs are good only if you put HM5 pads on them. If you don't like the SHP9500s I'd look at the Takstar Pro 82, Brainwavz HM5, or hey even the Monoprice Retros are super fun with god tier low end and sound stage.

hey thank you for the quick answer, all those sound better than the hd280 pro? and what's wrong with the m40x pads? for the looks alone I'm heading to the Brainwavz HM5

1 hour ago, iskander87 said:

hey thank you for the quick answer, all those sound better than the hd280 pro? and what's wrong with the m40x pads? for the looks alone I'm heading to the Brainwavz HM5

The M40X pads are very thin and very uncomfortable. Adding some better thicker pads improves the comfort, low end, and sound stage.