Closed water cooler for cpu (lga1150)

Hey guys, 

Looking for some advice. I have had my computer a while and looking to do a little bit of overclocking and my current heatsink just isn't cutting it. 

So I am looking to get a closed loop system for my setup but only have space for 120mm fans in my case. The only place that could fit a 240 mm is the front of the case which has limited airflow. So just want to go 120mm. 

I have been looking at a coolernaster seidon v3 which has reasonable reviews and looked at a few corsair options but would like to know what's the best option for cooling my system whilst being as quiet as possible. 

Appreciate any help guys. 

11 minutes ago, Biggers1337 said:

Hey guys, 

Looking for some advice. I have had my computer a while and looking to do a little bit of overclocking and my current heatsink just isn't cutting it. 

So I am looking to get a closed loop system for my setup but only have space for 120mm fans in my case. The only place that could fit a 240 mm is the front of the case which has limited airflow. So just want to go 120mm. 

I have been looking at a coolernaster seidon v3 which has reasonable reviews and looked at a few corsair options but would like to know what's the best option for cooling my system whilst being as quiet as possible. 

Appreciate any help guys. 

Some more exact information coulld be helpful:

-Exactly which CPU and case

- What Air cooler are you using now

Generally 120 mm AIOs have quite underwhelming performance (on par with for example, a hyper 212 evo) whereas you only start reaping the benefits of water once you step up to 240 mm. So how dreadful is your case's front airflow? I would opt for 240 mm.

6 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Some more exact information coulld be helpful:

-Exactly which CPU and case

- What Air cooler are you using now

Generally 120 mm AIOs have quite underwhelming performance (on par with for example, a hyper 212 evo) whereas you only start reaping the benefits of water once you step up to 240 mm. So how dreadful is your case's front airflow? I would opt for 240 mm.

I really don't know what case I have, it was a cheap Chinese case when I built my machine but I have attached a picture.

The cpu I have is an Intel i7-4770k .20180130_232926.thumb.jpg.db98ab9ea3d4d9095b7da09453b14279.jpg

6 minutes ago, Biggers1337 said:

I really don't know what case I have, it was a cheap Chinese case when I built my machine but I have attached a picture.

The cpu I have is an Intel i7-4770k .

It looks like there would be quite a lot of vertical height in the case. Are you sure you don't want a beefy air cooler? It will outperform a 120 mm AIO by a big margin.

2 minutes ago, For Science! said:

It looks like there would be quite a lot of vertical height in the case. Are you sure you don't want a beefy air cooler? It will outperform a 120 mm AIO by a big margin.

What would you suggest then ?

Just now, Biggers1337 said:

What would you suggest then ?

Really depends on how many mm there is from the motherboard to the side-panel, but for example the Noctua NH-D15 is like a "go-to standard" that outperforms some 240 mm AIOs.

https://noctua.at/en/nh-d15.html

18 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Really depends on how many mm there is from the motherboard to the side-panel, but for example the Noctua NH-D15 is like a "go-to standard" that outperforms some 240 mm AIOs.

https://noctua.at/en/nh-d15.html

Looking at it, I have a cooler master cpu cooler at the moment and roughly without measuring about 3 inches of space. 

Also looking at the front of the case there is 2 120mm fans but don't think the rad would fit in there as Well. 

Thanks for your help on this.