What kind of specs would I need for this computer?

Knaj

I just need a simple computer to edit 1080p video with adobe premier pro. What kind of specs would I need for this, and with the graphics card and ram inflation right now would it be worth it to just buy the whole computer from somewhere like best buy?

Fast cpu,  16 gb of memory,  optionally some video card with OpenCL or Cuda to accelerate rendering.

As far as I'm aware, Premiere doesn't benefit a lot from lots of cores, it won't do better (doesn't scale) with more than let's 8-10 cores.

My advice would be to wait until after the middle of February, when AMD is gonna release Ryzen 5 2400g for around 169$ and Ryzen 3 2200g for around 99$, which are basically Ryzen 3 1200 (4 core, 4 thread) and Ryzen 5 1400 ( 4 core , 8 threads) with decent graphics ( similar to RX 560 / slightly lower than GTX 1050 for the Ryzen 5 2400g).

You'd save money on a dedicated video card while you would still be able to use hardware encoding and decoding of videos on the integrated card to accelerate rendering, and with a AM4 platform you may benefit also from using M.2 SSDs and that dedicated pci-e x4 connection to CPU for M.2 ssds.

And when you have more money, you can always buy a separate dedicated video card and/or upgrade the processor to 6 or 8 core or to Ryzen+ or Ryzen 2 ...AMD's gonna have the same AM4 socket until 2020 at the very least.

11 minutes ago, Knaj said:

I just need a simple computer to edit 1080p video with adobe premier pro. What kind of specs would I need for this, and with the graphics card and ram inflation right now would it be worth it to just buy the whole computer from somewhere like best buy?

16GB of RAM bare minimum, 32 Recommended. Graphics card could be helpful, but not necessary. And I would say at least a Hexacore with Hyperthreadding/SMT.

As far as buying something from a big box store..... I probably wouldn't to be honest. Keep contacts in part stores so you can know when shipments will be getting in, and try to be the first customer in the store the day they do get new graphics cards. As far as RAM goes..... there's no real getting around it.

4 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Fast cpu,  16 gb of memory,  optionally some video card with OpenCL or Cuda to accelerate rendering.

As far as I'm aware, Premiere doesn't benefit a lot from lots of cores, it won't do better (doesn't scale) with more than let's 8-10 cores.

My advice would be to wait until after the middle of February, when AMD is gonna release Ryzen 5 2400g for around 169$ and Ryzen 3 2200g for around 99$, which are basically Ryzen 3 1200 (4 core, 4 thread) and Ryzen 5 1400 ( 4 core , 8 threads) with decent graphics ( similar to RX 560 / slightly lower than GTX 1050 for the Ryzen 5 2400g).

You'd save money on a dedicated video card while you would still be able to use hardware encoding and decoding of videos on the integrated card to accelerate rendering, and with a AM4 platform you may benefit also from using M.2 SSDs and that dedicated pci-e x4 connection to CPU for M.2 ssds.

And when you have more money, you can always buy a separate dedicated video card and/or upgrade the processor to 6 or 8 core or to Ryzen+ or Ryzen 2 ...AMD's gonna have the same AM4 socket until 2020 at the very least.

Is Mid-February a guaranteed release date?