GPU Mining Hardware Help... PLEASE

Hello everyone. I am currently running 2 systems: one is my main computer and then I have my mining setup. I have 3 GPU as of right now, as I bought my last one recently. I went to install it on my mining machine and I was not able in any way of doing it.

My build is more or less this one:

working link: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/c3jVvV

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor (Purchased For $81.00)

Motherboard: Asus - PRIME H270-PLUS-CSM ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (Purchased For $108.00)

Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory (Purchased For $34.00)

Storage: SanDisk - X400 128GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (Purchased For $68.00)

Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 2GB GAMING X 2G Video Card (Purchased For $120.00)

Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (Purchased For $107.00)

Total: $518.00 Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-29 21:05 EST-0500

just different GPU and SSD. I have tried multiple times but it seems that only when I plug in the risers into the X16 slots, the two cards that are plugged into those work, while I cannot have any of the x1 Pcie slots work. Is this a bios update that I have to do? Do I have to tweak something in the settings? What can I try to do to make this work? Currently, I am just running 2 GPU in each machine and just going with it temporarily, but I need to figure this out for my next purchases otherwise it goes all basically to waste.

Can you guys please help me, I spent like 2 days on this and still cannot find any solution

Thank you in advance

Im not very experienced yet but ive heard of some cheap risers simply not working on certain systems. Although Im kinda confused on what exactly causes the issue here. What have you tried trying to fix it? If the riser is working and the other cards are running fine in the system then the only issues i would imagine are the riser or the gpu are bad. Are all cards detected as connected?

what are you mining? curious.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

The risers are working perfectly because I tried. I have 2 X16 PcIE and then 6 X1. When cards are plugged in the X1 the system does not start at all, while, when there are 2 cards in the X16 slots everything works fine. I don;lt know if it makes sense. I tried switching risers, but I'm sure they all work fine and I know all the GPU work fine as well

Btw I'm mining the good 'ol BTC :P

And my laptop is a blade stealth as well :P LOve it !

44 minutes ago, JohanAngel said:

The risers are working perfectly because I tried. I have 2 X16 PcIE and then 6 X1. When cards are plugged in the X1 the system does not start at all, while, when there are 2 cards in the X16 slots everything works fine. I don;lt know if it makes sense. I tried switching risers, but I'm sure they all work fine and I know all the GPU work fine as well

Btw I'm mining the good 'ol BTC :P

And my laptop is a blade stealth as well :P LOve it !

Well you won't make any money mining bitcoin so I would stop now if that is your plan.

First update bios then if that doesn’t work try turning PCIE to 2.0 or Gen 2 in bios.

At the moment a 1050 would make $1 so I hope this is a hobby to you and not an investment.

Please read the full thread. I'm not talking about any 1050, I'm mining on other GPU and I'm not asking what is profitable and what is not, I'm just trying to make this work.

I will try to update BIOS and then report the outcome. Should there be any type of update for the PCIE or it is just a matter of BIOS in your opinion?

Check the mobo bios for 4G encoding or TOLUD you want it on 3.5. Set all the PCIe slots to GEN2. Should work. Check the manual about the pcie slots, sometimes they can be disabled if you plug something in elsewhere.

6 hours ago, ThrownLemon said:

Check the mobo bios for 4G encoding or TOLUD you want it on 3.5. Set all the PCIe slots to GEN2. Should work. Check the manual about the pcie slots, sometimes they can be disabled if you plug something in elsewhere.

18 hours ago, S.Stephenson said:

First update bios then if that doesn’t work try turning PCIE to 2.0 or Gen 2 in bios.

At the moment a 1050 would make $1 so I hope this is a hobby to you and not an investment.

Ok, so I updated the BIOS, enabled 4G Decoding (could not find 4G Encoding or TOLUD) and set PCIe slots to gen 2. Now it works. Thank you very much guys, I hope it will work with all the other cards as well!