Is my PC worth upgrading or should i scrap and start new

BisquTz

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Ct9Q3F

This is my current pc, which was okay back in 2014,

I can run the games I play like overwatch (low, 55fps)

I am wanting to be able to play games like PUBG and overwatch again with higher fps and graphics settings,

Is my current PC upgradable or should I just start from scratch,

Thanks

3 minutes ago, BisquTz said:

I am wanting to be able to play games like PUBG and overwatch again with higher fps and graphics settings,

Thanks

I would totally recommend starting from scratch. Or if you are on a strict budget you could try and find a prebuild and install a gtx 1050 ti as current gpus are quite overpriced.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

Thanks

you can keep the HDD, Case and PSU (if you go for something as powerful as gtx 1060. It could probably handle a 1070 but I like to be extra safe with no more than about 50%-60% load on PSUs

Everything else is pretty low specs and would better be sold off to supplement the upgrade.

Hope that helps

Start new. Maybe keep the case. 

It isn't a good base to upgrade on.

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...

Just now, r3loAded said:

I would totally recommend starting from scratch. Or if you are on a strict budget you could try and find a prebuild and install a gtx 1050 ti as current gpus are quite overpriced.

Just now, Andrew Sh said:

you can keep the HDD, Case and PSU (if you go for something as powerful as gtx 1060. It could probably handle a 1070 but I like to be extra safe with no more than about 50%-60% load on PSUs

Everything else is pretty low specs and would better be sold off to supplement the upgrade.

Hope that helps

This was my thinking, this thing has lasted me nearly 4 years but now its absolute garbo, thanks for the advice

This was my thinking, this thing has lasted me nearly 4 years but now its absolute garbo, thanks for the advice

If you need further advice on how to build your best cost/performance ratio PC, do not hesitate to ask the community.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

28 minutes ago, Andrew Sh said:

Hope that helps

Yeah, Case is fine. Hard drive should still be fine after 4 years unless it's seem a huge amount of use. PSU should be fine. The CPU series isn't really viable anymore meaning the motherboard needs to be upgraded which would include moving to DDR4.