Boot Loop on a Custom Build

piratejazzy

So, I have a custom build that I've been working on improving since April as of last year. Recently, in the last two-ish months, I've been having problems where my monitor will go black while I'm in a game and everything but the sound freezes. After doing a restart, and some monitoring, we changed the fan setup because not all the fans were spinning at the proper speed and we didn't face another problem for a couple of weeks. Then it began again. I've monitored the temperatures, closed out other programs that run in the background while I play my games. But now, the problem is becoming more frequent, and today, the computer just went through auto-reboots after I signed into my profile back to back. I'm not sure where I should start looking at next. All of my hardware and software is up to date, and I don't want to replace parts on a whim without knowing where to try first. Ideas?

19 minutes ago, piratejazzy said:

So, I have a custom build that I've been working on improving since April as of last year. Recently, in the last two-ish months, I've been having problems where my monitor will go black while I'm in a game and everything but the sound freezes. After doing a restart, and some monitoring, we changed the fan setup because not all the fans were spinning at the proper speed and we didn't face another problem for a couple of weeks. Then it began again. I've monitored the temperatures, closed out other programs that run in the background while I play my games. But now, the problem is becoming more frequent, and today, the computer just went through auto-reboots after I signed into my profile back to back. I'm not sure where I should start looking at next. All of my hardware and software is up to date, and I don't want to replace parts on a whim without knowing where to try first. Ideas?

The first thing I would do is take the CMOS battery out for 5-10 minutes and pop it back in again. The next thing I would suggest is temperatures if they are too high it may cause issues. The last thing thats free to try is reinstalling windows, it breaks easily and often. 

After the CMOS battery has been put back in you may need to go into the bios to change the boot drive and clock, also any overclock profiles will be deleted, probably. 

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

1 hour ago, fixitnow said:

The first thing I would do is take the CMOS battery out for 5-10 minutes and pop it back in again. The next thing I would suggest is temperatures if they are too high it may cause issues. The last thing thats free to try is reinstalling windows, it breaks easily and often. 

After the CMOS battery has been put back in you may need to go into the bios to change the boot drive and clock, also any overclock profiles will be deleted, probably. 

Thank you! I'll give that a go and see what'll fix it. Appreciate the response!

On 28/01/2018 at 6:58 PM, piratejazzy said:

Thank you! I'll give that a go and see what'll fix it. Appreciate the response!

No, problem! Let me know how you get on :) 

Have you tried turning it off and on again?