Hard Drive Icons are moved to the right

Janeyadonnah

When you go into the "This PC" folder you can see all the connected hard drives of your PC with an icon, a bar which displays the capacity of the drive and so on.

And since one update ~1 year (maybe?) ago, the icons of those hard drives (and network drives) are moved a bit to the right, leaving blank space to left of them.

I have seen this behaviour on several machines running the latest version of Windows 10.

But on WIndows Server 2016 it is still the old way!

Can someone link me to an article (as I haven't found one googling), or explain to me, how to get back the old style of displaying the icons?

some screenshots:

image.png.5cc895560c204f87c5b84fcda3f300c5.pngimage.png.5bbe7a270d1cd9e7301bcb07527693b6.png

(Windows 10)                                                   (windows server 2016)

the new, ugly and short way                             as it is supposed to be

PS: Why do I care?
It makes the possible name of the drive, without loosing the ability to directly see the capacity, shorter.

e.g.:

image.png.3157bf526dbcc632078e809cf140ea7e.png

blubb

Actually, everything is padded wrong if you look very closely.

MS introduced new OneDrive icon status to Windows 10 to know if a file is offline (and will be downloaded when you double click on it), or downloaded, or syncing, and that has shifted everything. It should be there only for OneDrive folder, but nope. So non-One drive content has nothing, just space. MS has yet to fix it, even if you go in the Insider program, and get the latest build, you have the padding.