Pc freezing for 20 seconds

Will01

Ive been having problems now for a good while where my pc freezes up for like 20 seconds. I purchased a new ssd and returned my old one. It seemed like it fixed it but like a week or 2 later i noticed the issue popping up again. Event viewer shows 3 errors every time my pc freezes. "DistributedCOM" "storahci" and "disk"

I dont know much about things in event viewer but it basically shows that "raidport0" was "issued a reset" So every time it freezes, it resets the sata port im guessing? i dont have any raid set up so i dont know why it is saying raid. I have a 120gb crucial ssd and then a wd blue 1tb drive. any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Can I get a little more info please, i.e "Brand, specs, OS" also maybe event viewer ID's would be nice.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Sounds like Windows is hitting an I/O wall when accessing storage.  Check cables, drivers, and anything related to getting data from the SSD to the motherboard.

Also, dirty power can cause all kinds of issues.  PSU voltage fluctuations or dirty power from the wall.

If you filter your power through a UPS, that would eliminate external power issues, leaving you with PSU potentially an issue.

You can eliminate chipset as fault by running repetitive benchmarks in a separate environment.  (Boot a LiveCD capable of running benchmarks and tests, watch log files)

If all of this sounds foreign to you, you probably need to call a technician.  This kind of scenario is what I generally call "diagnosis of exclusion", rule out all the factors until you are left with just one.

On 1/29/2018 at 5:51 PM, Icuw1pc said:

Can I get a little more info please, i.e "Brand, specs, OS" also maybe event viewer ID's would be nice.

Hi, here are my specs

ryzen 5 1400 with the stock cooler

8gb hyperx 2400mhz single stick

asrock a320m-dgs

gigabyte mini gtx 1060 3gb 

corsair cx 430 

(brand new) crucial 120gb ssd

wd blue 1tb

plenty of cooling in the large nzxt s340 case

Im using legit 64bit windows 10 pro

here are some screenshots of my event viewer. as i said it seems like its a storahci, disk and also distributedcom every time it crashes.

http://prntscr.com/i8s6xh

On 1/29/2018 at 6:06 PM, Paul Vreeland said:

Sounds like Windows is hitting an I/O wall when accessing storage.  Check cables, drivers, and anything related to getting data from the SSD to the motherboard.

Also, dirty power can cause all kinds of issues.  PSU voltage fluctuations or dirty power from the wall.

If you filter your power through a UPS, that would eliminate external power issues, leaving you with PSU potentially an issue.

You can eliminate chipset as fault by running repetitive benchmarks in a separate environment.  (Boot a LiveCD capable of running benchmarks and tests, watch log files)

If all of this sounds foreign to you, you probably need to call a technician.  This kind of scenario is what I generally call "diagnosis of exclusion", rule out all the factors until you are left with just one.

I half understand you haha. One thing im going to try is that i have a cheap ebay smart plug that my pc is running through. So i can turn it on and off through my google home. i have replaced the sata lead and re-plugged everything in. If that still does not fix it i guess the next step would be either borrowing a guaranteed working psu or buying a new one. My psu is out of warranty so :P thanks for the help once again guys. I really appreciate it, sorry for the long reply.

if anybody needs any more screenshots  of the even viewer or any more info on the specific events i can grab them for you. thanks again