Compression Fittings Help

Go to solution Solved by PrimeSonic,

As an addendum, regardless of whether you're getting angle fittings or straight fittings with angled adapters, the same holds true:

What angles you get, if any, all depends on your individual loop and what runs you're planning.

Try to sketch out how your loop will be put together. Where the blocks will be. Where the radiators will be and in which orientation. Where the pump and reservoir will be.

Once you have a basic idea of what your loop will look like, then you'll better be able to visualize where an angle fitting/adapter will help.

Be aware that your choice of hardline/soft tubing will have some impact on what you can do your loop.

And in the case of soft tubing, thicker tubing will have less room for kinks but also less flexibility all around so that will also factor in.

I have a lot of angle adapters in my loop, in spite of using 'flexible' soft tubing.

I put that in quotes because it's particularly thick tubing (3/4" OD 1/2" ID) and it doesn't like to bend in tight spaces.

TL:DR - No one can tell you what angles you'll need. You need to plan out the loop and discover yourself at what angles the tubes will be.

I'm trying to pick some compression fittings and cant decide what angle to get? 

14 hours ago, TrueCanadian said:

I'm trying to pick some compression fittings and cant decide what angle to get? 

If your talking about angles fittings you can get angled adapters seperate from the compression fitting. That gives you a bit more flexibility in terms setup and what you will need for your loop.

As an addendum, regardless of whether you're getting angle fittings or straight fittings with angled adapters, the same holds true:

What angles you get, if any, all depends on your individual loop and what runs you're planning.

Try to sketch out how your loop will be put together. Where the blocks will be. Where the radiators will be and in which orientation. Where the pump and reservoir will be.

Once you have a basic idea of what your loop will look like, then you'll better be able to visualize where an angle fitting/adapter will help.

Be aware that your choice of hardline/soft tubing will have some impact on what you can do your loop.

And in the case of soft tubing, thicker tubing will have less room for kinks but also less flexibility all around so that will also factor in.

I have a lot of angle adapters in my loop, in spite of using 'flexible' soft tubing.

I put that in quotes because it's particularly thick tubing (3/4" OD 1/2" ID) and it doesn't like to bend in tight spaces.

TL:DR - No one can tell you what angles you'll need. You need to plan out the loop and discover yourself at what angles the tubes will be.

---