WOW beginner

lolgame123

I'm thinking of starting playing wow (for the first time) but I'm concerned that I will miss out on the story from the previous expansions (wrath of the lich king, cataclysm...) especially since I want my main to be panda monk. Should I be so much concerned about it? 

WOW... literally lol.. thought everyone had played by now but not that big of a deal if you really want to catch up on the story you can look it up on youtube and get like recaps or there are some videos that explains what all happened..

the story isn't really that important

I only played WOW back around 2008 and from what I remember the gameplay didn't really keep my interest at all. all i remember is spending about 99% of my time running to places and 1% of the time clicking the mouse on thing to kill. lol

I would start as a traditional character, Nelf, Dwarf, Gnome, (humans have poor casting animations), or if horde, Troll, Orc, Tauren, undead. Play through Vanilla, TBC, Wotlk, Cata, MoP, XXX (forget it was crap) and Legion. Each race sort of has its own story, but that's only really in the starting area, after that it will be the same as all the other classes in the same alliance. The classes/races added in expansions then have their own story in their own respective starting area, so Draenei, Blood elf and same with classes, so death knight, and what ever the new glaive thing is

My 2cents

Horde Melee - Undead

Horde Caster - Troll (berserk still exist?) / Undead

Alliance Melee - Human/Nelf

Alliance Caster - Gnome (Draenei healer!)

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

You could play private servers to see what the world and game was like in previous editions. I was playing vanilla but idk what happened to my characters. 

Ps vanilla is the hardest by design. The servers needed players to take time between battles to heal so they could handle all the players.