G-SYNC: Yay or Nay?

ManOfDisguise

I will probably wait a year then invest in a 144Hz 1440p G-Sync if they are around £400-600 region if not still going 1440p ;)

PC Editing / Gaming Rig Specs : i7-3930k @ 4ghz w/ Hyper 212 Evo | 840 Evo 250gb and Seagate 1TB | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | Zotac GTX 780 | Corsair Vengeance C70 Green | OS: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS / Win10 #KilledMyWife #MakeBombs

I simply wouldn't pay a lot of extra money for it. I use my monitor primary for photo editing, design work...gaming is secondary... As I said in the comments on the GSync video- if it was a separate device , a monitor upgrade, then I would think about it.

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."

All those links are outdated, save for the Extreme Tech link, who only "estimated" the price.

We'll see tomorrow when they start pre-ordering. ;)

Don't forget this technology only works for FPS' above 30.

Well if ASUS thinks the early adopters will bend over and pay a pure-profit $200+ premium simply because its monitor will be the only one supporting the technology for some time, then ASUS can go suck it.  I'll go buy an EVGA 780 instead and wait for a BenQ G-Sync monitor.  The company's brand strength may be getting to its head.

EDIT: After some looking around it seems the FPGA used on the G-Sync module may actually cost near $300.  In that case, who was the idiot that said the G-Sync module was going to cost $100 and why did every tech news outlet report that number after the initial reveal?  Anyway, that price will come down in the future if Nvidia decides to design a dedicated chip rather than using an FPGA (as Anand points out in his review).

And it's a Gen 1 product.  I'm sure Nvidia will fix the lingering issues like the framerate minimum and polling delay in future G-Sync revisions.  G-Sync as it is right now may only appeal to the early adopters and enthusiasts, but a couple years from now I see it as a must-have for PC gamers.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

I'm getting one as soon as its available here.

And probably, I will finally move up in resolution from 1080P to something higher, if its available.

I understand that but that is like saying I hate buying this new electric car from tesla because they are the only ones who make them. Not an exact comparison...

Definitely right about that one. Tesla isn't the only one that makes electric cars. Nor were they even the first.

i7 4770k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H | G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB | Sapphire Vapor-X 7970 Ghz | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD | Toshiba 7200rpm 3TB | Seasonic 660W Platinum | Corsair H100i

Logitech G400s | Ducky Shine III Cherry MX Brown

i would love to have a g-sync monitor but i cant see it being very successful unless amd is also able to adopt the tech. It is simply something every monitor should have. Honestly it surprises me that this kind of technology was not already being used in monitors a few years ago.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz