Avermedia live gamer extreme issues

Midgitwarrior

Hi all,

I recently bought the LGX to give streaming/recording a go, and the simple problem is it doesn't detect my older consoles since it comes with a component adapter i have the required cables yet it doesn't seem to detect any consoles, even the PS3 through HDMI, component or even with the included PS3 cable adapter. I also have tried contacting avermedia directly yet still no answer. PS4 works a treat yet i cant find an answer or solution online if i dunced out and bought a product that doesn't fit my needs or there is something wrong with the capture card.

Regards, Midgitwarrior.

Own one too. Maybe the adapter is not working? Did you try viewing the input?

PS3 has HDCP protection over HDMI and if you use component, you have to drop the resolution.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

@H20Burner yes i have changed the input from HDMI to component, yet there is still no video. The thing that concerns me most is if it will capture older consoles or not if not at least i have it for PS4 anyway.

1 minute ago, Midgitwarrior said:

@H20Burner yes i have changed the input from HDMI to component, yet there is still no video. The thing that concerns me most is if it will capture older consoles or not if not at least i have it for PS4 anyway.

Are you using the stock software provided by "Ass" Media? That sucks. I use a forked version of bandicam to view the input live to see if anything is going thru. Also did you turn it off and turn it back on? :)

Just now, H20Burner said:

Are you using the stock software provided by "Ass" Media? That sucks. I use a forked version of bandicam to view the input live to see if anything is going thru. Also did you turn it off and turn it back on? :)

Oooh i definitely wouldn't use the ass media software unless i was forced to, and yes turn off and on again was the first option as it tends to fix 90% of every issue.

4 minutes ago, H20Burner said:

Im clueless. Never had this problem.

Well I should be thankful that it at least works for PS4. So 1 last question then (if you can answer it or if you can guide me to the correct forum page) do you know of any capture cards that will capture retro consoles such as ps2, gamecube, N64 E.T.C?