Computer starts and shutsdown every 2 seconds?

!WhoAmI!
Go to solution Solved by Ace McPlane,
2 minutes ago, !WhoAmI! said:

Indeed it did!

Awesome, don't forget to mark this as solved ;)

I built a system with an asus p8b75m le plus board, 8gb of ram and an i5 2320 as a spare parts build with one of my old gpus. Now, its starting to power on and off and I'm worried this may kill the computer, it isn't the motherboard, ram or cpu as those are brand new. Could it be my power supply? Its an hp 300watt power supply as well, could this be the cause of failure? I have like a few other power supplys to test this with, what do you think?

Could be PSU

Also dont assuming your new equipment is good.

Ive ordered more then 10 grand of stuff from newegg over the years

Newegg sent me a couple of shirts and stuff one year when I spent like 4800 on an order lol

All of the stuff I ordered was new of course.

And probably 10% of that went back as DOA.

Including a motherboard I had to send back like 3 times because i got three DOA in a row, the fourth one worked great lol.

3 hours ago, !WhoAmI! said:

I built a system with an asus p8b75m le plus board, 8gb of ram and an i5 2320 as a spare parts build with one of my old gpus. Now, its starting to power on and off and I'm worried this may kill the computer, it isn't the motherboard, ram or cpu as those are brand new. Could it be my power supply? Its an hp 300watt power supply as well, could this be the cause of failure? I have like a few other power supplys to test this with, what do you think?

Well, yea that doesn't sound like a high quality PSU so I'd try some others if you have them,

but this could be a number of things really.

It could be an overheating CPU if you mean that it resets as it's trying to boot up over and over again in which case redo the thermal paste.

It could just be a reset button on your case that's stuck down, a short somewhere on the wire for that reset switch or the pins on the motherboard for the reset button could be bent and touching each other. Same goes for the power button.

I'd check all of that too. 

4 hours ago, ElSeniorTaco said:

Could be PSU

Also dont assuming your new equipment is good.

Ive ordered more then 10 grand of stuff from newegg over the years

Newegg sent me a couple of shirts and stuff one year when I spent like 4800 on an order lol

All of the stuff I ordered was new of course.

And probably 10% of that went back as DOA.

Including a motherboard I had to send back like 3 times because i got three DOA in a row, the fourth one worked great lol.

47 minutes ago, stateofpsychosis said:

Well, yea that doesn't sound like a high quality PSU so I'd try some others if you have them,

but this could be a number of things really.

It could be an overheating CPU if you mean that it resets as it's trying to boot up over and over again in which case redo the thermal paste.

It could just be a reset button on your case that's stuck down, a short somewhere on the wire for that reset switch or the pins on the motherboard for the reset button could be bent and touching each other. Same goes for the power button.

I'd check all of that too. 

Thanks for the feedback, I replaced the power supply as it was too little in my opinion with a corsair 550watt. I would've used my 475 from another hp but the cables were short as hell.

6 minutes ago, !WhoAmI! said:

Thanks for the feedback, I replaced the power supply as it was too little in my opinion with a corsair 550watt. I would've used my 475 from another hp but the cables were short as hell.

Cool, so did the problem go away?

Just now, stateofpsychosis said:

Cool, so did the problem go away?

Indeed it did!

2 minutes ago, !WhoAmI! said:

Indeed it did!

Awesome, don't forget to mark this as solved ;)