DELL OPTIPLEX 3020 GRAPHICS CARD?

i have an otiplex 3020 tower version and wanted to knoiw what graphics card would work without me replacing the stock power supple unit , cann anyone help?

prebuilt pcs tend to get bottom shelf power supplies stuffed in them, not a good idea to add hardware without upgrading it. If you decide to go for it anyway, go with the least power hungry card you can find, like a 1050

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Get the 1050 TI, I have it, it’s great for 1080p gaming, and it doesn’t need much power 

2 minutes ago, Ausfernando said:

Get the 1050 TI, I have it, it’s great for 1080p gaming, and it doesn’t need much power 

Agreed. get a 1050ti. Anything above it is super inflated/hard to find because of the cryptocurrency mining thing going on

i7 7700k OC 4.7 GHz | MSI Gaming M3 Z270 | Corsair H100i v2 | MSI 1080 Aero | Seagate 1TB 7200 RPM HDD + 256 Samsung 850 EVO SSD | Cooler Master Mastercase Pro 5 EVGA 600B | Dell S2417DG 1440p 144hz, BenQ RL2455 | Corsair K70 RGB LUX | Razer Deathadder Chroma | HyperX Cloud Alpha

Is this a Small Form Factor PC?

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

I had been looking at some cheap DELL pre-builts for my nephews and what I found was that some have a 35W limit on the PCIe slot instead of the standard 75W.  The GTX 1050/TI needs 75W.    The GTX 1030 is 30W.

I do not know what the 3020 supports and they fail to bother mentioning it on spec sheet:

http://i.dell.com/sites/doccontent/corporate/secure/en/Documents/OptiPlex-3020-micro-spec.PDF

http://i.dell.com/sites/doccontent/shared-content/data-sheets/en/Documents/CSG-EN-XX-ALL-Optiplex-3020-Spec-Sheet.pdf

I'd do some more digging and confirm before you purchase a 75W card.  

Sometimes it will will say right on the board (not my pic):

pcie.jpg

1 hour ago, iamdxpe said:

without me replacing the stock power supple unit

Open it up, look at the power supply. Does it have PCI power connectors? if yes then check the capacity, and you can potentially go for something a bit more powerful.
If not, then you'll be stuck to lower end models.

Considering you can get a 450W Broze power supply for around $40, I don't know why you have written this off?

21 minutes ago, Hugsy Malone said:

Open it up, look at the power supply. Does it have PCI power connectors? if yes then check the capacity, and you can potentially go for something a bit more powerful.
If not, then you'll be stuck to lower end models.

Considering you can get a 450W Broze power supply for around $40, I don't know why you have written this off?

Looks like the 3020, even the mini tower version which I believe OP has does not use the standard 24pin power connector to the motherboard, its some proprietary power supply so upgrading is not as easy as just dropping a standard ATX PSU in.