Gtx 1060 6gb bad_module_info has stopped working

Go to solution Solved by Roman848,
2 minutes ago, MatsLabahaa said:

(Dont wanna seem like a noob herexD) But how do i do this?

To uninstall Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you will have to open the Start Menu. Next, click on the Settings link.

Having opened the Settings panel, click on Update and security and here select Recovery settings.

Next click on the Get started button under Go back to an earlier build section.

The process will start, and you will be asked some questions for information purposes, as to why you are going back to the previous build of Windows 10.

If you dont have this option, you always can download Windows 10 1703 ISO From Microsoft.

(detailed info and how to is in this link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install-winpc/how-to-use-the-rollback-function-in-windows-10/3e9e5c2d-239f-488c-9f48-64a226302657

I get these errors when i try to play some games. I've only tested pubg and csgo as of now. 

When launching csgo, it works fine, until i hop into matchmaking (actually got 24h ban because of this error) anyway.

When i try to launch pubg, same as before, game works fine. Until i actually get ingame. I can be in the "warmup island" for about 10 seconds before the game crashes. and i get these messages.

Picture is in norwegian. Translation (allthough not the best one)

Bad_module_info has stopped working

A problem made the program stop working as it should. The program will be closed, and you will be notified if a solution is available.

plz help :c

Screenshot_1.jpg.d6acf88c03b33945db9edeb1ea0787b4.jpg

3 minutes ago, MatsLabahaa said:

I get these errors when i try to play some games. I've only tested pubg and csgo as of now. 

When launching csgo, it works fine, until i hop into matchmaking (actually got 24h ban because of this error) anyway.

When i try to launch pubg, same as before, game works fine. Until i actually get ingame. I can be in the "warmup island" for about 10 seconds before the game crashes. and i get these messages.

Picture is in norwegian. Translation (allthough not the best one)

Bad_module_info has stopped working

A problem made the program stop working as it should. The program will be closed, and you will be notified if a solution is available.

plz help :c

It seems like it could be because of Windows 10 1709 Fall Update. Can you revert back to previous version of 1703 ?

2 minutes ago, Roman848 said:

It seems like it could be because of Windows 10 1709 Fall Update. Can you revert back to previous version of 1703 ?

2 minutes ago, MatsLabahaa said:

To uninstall Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you will have to open the Start Menu. Next, click on the Settings link.

Having opened the Settings panel, click on Update and security and here select Recovery settings.

The process will start, and you will be asked some questions for information purposes, as to why you are going back to the previous build of Windows 10.

If you dont have this option, you always can download Windows 10 1703 ISO From Microsoft.

(detailed info and how to is in this link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install-winpc/how-to-use-the-rollback-function-in-windows-10/3e9e5c2d-239f-488c-9f48-64a226302657

4 minutes ago, Roman848 said:

Thanks :D will try this!  Will keep you posted on the outcome

Don't rule out defective GDDR5 memory modules in the video card, get GPU-z and check if you have Hynix memory, if so yeah... I'd start considering a RMA.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

26 minutes ago, MatsLabahaa said:
33 minutes ago, Roman848 said:

Thanks dude! this actually worked :D just did a short test game of pubg. (cant test csgo yet because of the ban:|) But i dont know if im imagening things, but i noticed there were alot more stuttering in the gameplay than there was before.. Before this error happened i barely noticed any stuttering at all

20 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Don't rule out defective GDDR5 memory modules in the video card, get GPU-z and check if you have Hynix memory, if so yeah... I'd start considering a RMA.

if i read this correctly i have micron memory(?)

gpuz.gif

Well that is good, try DDU in safe mode and reinstall the drivers fresh new

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, Princess Cadence said:

Well that is good, try DDU in safe mode and reinstall the drivers fresh new

Where can i find and uninstall my drivers? and when downloading new drivers, do i just get nvidia geforce experience?

1 hour ago, MatsLabahaa said:

Where can i find and uninstall my drivers? and when downloading new drivers, do i just get nvidia geforce experience?

DDU is a software to uninstall drivers. You should just google it.

BTW. There is some fixes that i searched on google, some videos, you could just try that...

Anyway, you are welcome :)

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Once you're done DDU'ing in safe mode you can reinstall GeForce Experience and allow it to install the latest driver for you, however you should not "update drive" using it ever, since it is bad at deleting the old drivers and leaves left overs that can interfere causing all sort of issues with your GPU performance.

Personal Desktop":

4 hours ago, Thunder87 said:

For the safe mode, you can set it up within the bios or, on the windows settings

1. Press Windows logo key  + I on your keyboard to open Settings. If that doesn't work, select the Start button in the lower-left corner of your screen, then select Settings.
  2. Select Update & security  > Recovery .
  3. Under Advanced startup, select Restart now.
  4. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
  5. After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode. Or if you'll need to use the Internet, select 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.

Thanks, just did this.. Recently bought this 1060, so i just wiped my old amd drivers aswell :D 

Anyways, think i can play all games now :D

Wierd thing is.. i have 2 steam accounts for csgo.. as usual one is my main and the other one i use when the main has a cooldown..

When i try to play competetive csgo on my main, it crashes everytime.. But when i play cometetive csgo on my alternative account it works just fine o.O

Any ideas?