Corsair fans extremely loud?

Noverno

Hey. I just built my new gaming pc which works great for the most part. My cabinet is the corsair 570x which comes with 3 sp120 fans. I also purchased a 3-pack of hd120s since they were on sale at the time of purchasing pc parts. Problem is all fans are running extremely loud, driving me to straight up unplug three of them. I have an 8600k and a 1060 with plans of upgrading the GPU once Volta hits the shelves, so the temps didn't change all that much. But the thing is that the cryorig c7 I have cooling the CPU is just as loud, leading me to believe it's a software issue. But any amount of tinkering in Speedfan as well as the BIOS/UEFI can't seem to solve it. What am I doing wrong? It seems the only way to control the fan speed from Corsair's perspective is to shell out for a Commander, which I refuse to do. Any ideas? And if I were to switch them out, are the cooler master masterfans any good?

if you want really really really quiet fans, get silent wings 3.
I have heard that the corsair fans are not the quietest on the market on full blast, but if you run them at 500-600RPM, you can't hear them. Question is why would you need 6 fans for that config, 3 is more than enough.

How did you connect the fans? via the motherboard? then try tinkering with software or bios control? If they are straight on the psu, get voltage regulators or a hub.
What RPMs are they running at? You can see that in HWinfo probably if they are connected to the motherboard or in speedfan. If they run full blast, start trying to get them lower -> first step look into the bios

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

What motherboard do you have and what headers are you powering each fan off of?

The C7 isn't a powerful cooler and isn't the very appropriate for the 8600k even at stock speeds. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I had these too, only way to control them is by plugging them on a mobo header and then use speedfan, SP120 fans run up to 2600RPM, static pressure fans are meant to cool radiators

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

On 1/23/2018 at 1:32 AM, WoodenMarker said:

What motherboard do you have and what headers are you powering each fan off of?

The C7 isn't a powerful cooler and isn't the very appropriate for the 8600k even at stock speeds. 

hey, sorry for the late answer. I'm using an asus prime z370-a. And I know the cooler is underpowered, but when volta drops I'll go for watercooling instead

6 hours ago, Noverno said:

hey, sorry for the late answer. I'm using an asus prime z370-a. And I know the cooler is underpowered, but when volta drops I'll go for watercooling instead

What headers are you powering each fan off of?

What are your load temps? Are you using the default motherboard settings? 

If you haven't already, you should turn off Multicore Enhancement in the bios. It's effectively an auto oc that usually uses more voltage than necessary. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.