No able to identify connector on Lenovo u430p

I wanted to make a little upgrade to my girlfriends laptop by adding some faster storage, and upon opening the laptop I found this connector, does somebody know what it is?

Thank you!

IMG_20180122_193255_HDR.jpg

1 minute ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Looks like M.2 to me.

I've never seen an M.2 SSD personally, but a quick Google search reveals a somewhat different connector (like a 3-way socket in, instead of 2-way I found there). Like this one

StorageReview-Samsung-850-EVO-m2-SSD-Two.jpg

5 minutes ago, 6Foot3Alex said:

I've never seen an M.2 SSD personally, but a quick Google search reveals a somewhat different connector (like a 3-way socket in, instead of 2-way I found there). Like this one

There's different kind of M.2's, the ones in your picture are called "M + B keyed" M.2's.

The one on the board is a B key m.2, as can be distinguished from the "B" if you zoom on the picture. and also the number of connections on it.

c0dcaea654043258877ca371f2912da5.png

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

16 minutes ago, 6Foot3Alex said:

M.2 have different keys, some with two notches, some with one. The ones in that image are B + M keyed. 

m.2_keys.jpg

The one in your first post seems to be a B Key slot as it has 6 pins rather than 5. 

EDIT: My bad, looks like it's actually M Key, counted the plastic slots rather than the pins. 

EDIT: My bad again. It's a B Key, 5 pins on bottom, 6 on top. M Key is 4 on bottom 5 on top. 

1 minute ago, TheGlenlivet said:

There are different connectors, the OPs looks like this.

Wrong key type :P 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

10 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Wrong key type :P 

I thought so too, but the slot is M Key (as is the 960 Pro). I miscounted the pins at first. 

EDIT: Dammit, I missed some more detail. It's a B Key, 5 pins on the bottom, 6 on top. M key is 4 on bottom 5 on top. FFS. 

@TheGlenlivet

8 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

I thought so too, but the slot is M Key (as is the 960 Pro). I miscounted the pins at first. 

EDIT: Dammit, I missed some more detail. It's a B Key, 5 pins on the bottom, 6 on top. M key is 4 on bottom 5 on top. FFS. 

@TheGlenlivet

That's what quite a few people get mixed up with for them :P 

Just now, RKRiley said:

I thought it was a B Key, then looked closer and thought I miss counted, then looked again and found I was right the first time -.-

23 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Final verdict @6Foot3Alex It's a B Key M.2 slot. 

Thank you very much!

Is there any way to find out if it is a B or M when buying?

Looking for the cheapest one from a reputable brand.

P.S. Seems like there are virtually 0 SSDs on amazon.de, that would fit in that slot because of the length:(

Edited by 6Foot3Alex

34 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Does it mean that I can buy any M+B SSD and it would be able to fit in both M slots and B slots?

1 hour ago, 6Foot3Alex said:

Thank you very much!

Is there any way to find out if it is a B or M when buying?

Looking for the cheapest one from a reputable brand.

P.S. Seems like there are virtually 0 SSDs on amazon.de, that would fit in that slot because of the length:(

Easiest way is to put your requirements in to PCPP and see what comes up. 

Not sure what the length is on that slot, but there might not be many available as most are 80mm at the moment. 

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/products/internal-hard-drive/#t=0&i=83