Internet connection resetting randomly

Tuugeboi

I have a mobile 4g internet connection running off usb. I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my pc. Plugging in the network adapter after the reinstall gave it only an ipv6 address. I had to manually enter the ipv4 address, which did work but the pc now disconnects from the internet for a few seconds every ~15 minutes. I tried manually installing drivers from device manager, trying different USB ports, restarting the device. None of those helped. What do?

EDIT: Internet works fine shared from my phone via same USB cable and port, and the Huawei adapter works fine in my other PC.

System info:

BIOS version: American Megatrends Inc. P2.20, 27/05/2016

Network Adapter: Huawei E5377 4G/WiFi

CPU: i5 4690k 4,5GHz

CPU Cooler: Corsair h100i

M/B: ASRock Z97 Pro3

RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz

GPU: MSI 660 Ti Power Edition

Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB, WD Blue 1TB + 2TB

PSU: Seasonic M12II Bronze 620W

i5 4690k / H100i w/ Gentle Typhoons /  MSI Z97 Gaming 3 / 8GB Vengeance Pro 1600 MHz / GTX 1070 Founders Edition / Crucial MX100 512GB & WD Blue 1TB / Seasonic M12II EVO 620W / Mastercase 5 Pro

I had similar problems with an external USB harddrive.  It really didn't like the USB3.1 port that I was using so after farting around with it a while, I plugged it in to one of the four USB2.0 ports and now all is happy on the homefront.

45 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

I had similar problems with an external USB harddrive.  It really didn't like the USB3.1 port that I was using so after farting around with it a while, I plugged it in to one of the four USB2.0 ports and now all is happy on the homefront.

I said I tried different ports, didn't help. Also it used to work in any port before reinstalling Windows.

i5 4690k / H100i w/ Gentle Typhoons /  MSI Z97 Gaming 3 / 8GB Vengeance Pro 1600 MHz / GTX 1070 Founders Edition / Crucial MX100 512GB & WD Blue 1TB / Seasonic M12II EVO 620W / Mastercase 5 Pro

5 minutes ago, Tuugeboi said:

I said I tried different ports, didn't help. Also it used to work in any port before reinstalling Windows.

Just out of curiosity, have you checked to see if there are any driver updates for your USB ports?

26 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Just out of curiosity, have you checked to see if there are any driver updates for your USB ports?

Went and checked, none on ASRock's website nor Device Manager.

4 minutes ago, Tuugeboi said:

Went and checked, none on ASRock's website nor Device Manager.

Sry, the USB ports drivers was my last idea.  And the device is wifi dual band (2.4 and 5ghz)?

1 hour ago, kb5zue said:

Sry, the USB ports drivers was my last idea.  And the device is wifi dual band (2.4 and 5ghz)?

Thanks anyway. Yes it's dual band, but that doesn't really matter since i'm using it via USB.

Try removing the manually entered ipv4 address,

goto the properties menu for the network adapter, and uncheck the option for ipv6 in there

With the ipv6 option unchecked, it will disable the ability to receive an ipv6 address

then it should assign you a ipv4 address via dhcp,

see what happens 

2 hours ago, ElSeniorTaco said:

Try removing the manually entered ipv4 address,

goto the properties menu for the network adapter, and uncheck the option for ipv6 in there

With the ipv6 option unchecked, it will disable the ability to receive an ipv6 address

then it should assign you a ipv4 address via dhcp,

see what happens 

Couldn't remove the address, it won't let me leave it empty. The problem seems to have mysteriously vanished for now, though. Oh well, i'll take it.