Graphic artifacts issue. Like fireworks.

sze_nian

Hello guys, im having a problem with my current GTX680DCII OC and i wondering is my card having problem or direct X.

There are artifacts over the game screen which just like fireworks exploding here and there, even with my card in default mode.

My GPU currently clocked as follow :

post-1107-0-26322600-1387116306_thumb.pn

Runing Nvidia driver v331.93 beta driver. i tried previous driver but all are the same.

I ran Tombraider in ultimate without issue with this settings but when go into NFS RIVAL and Battlefield 4 then the problem came.

In battlefield 4 will be more worst, everytime will caused direct X to crash. I had tried will all default settings n even downclock the GPU boost clock base on default value, all same.

The direct X i installed is based on BF4 _Installer directory, and i also ran Direct X enduser runtime to check for latest dx, my window also up-to-date (Window 8.1 PRO)

CPU : 3930K at stock

RAM : vengeance 1600mhz 16GB

PSU : AX760

Anyone can help me out? Im trying to clean my graphics card tomorrow and see if it works or not.

Hope theres solution to fix this. gaming with such surrounding is terrible....

My 2013 First Build
Processor : Intel i7 3930K | Motherboard : Asus Rampage IV GENE | RAM : 2x Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 2x4GB Kit (Mix color black and red) | Graphics : Asus GTX 680 Direct CU II OC | SSD : Intel 520 Series 120GB | Cooler : Corsair H100i | PSU : Corsair AX760 | Chassis : Corsair Obsidian 650D | Mouse : Razer Mamba 4G Edition | Keyboard : Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013

Hit the VCore to 1020 and see if that helps.

Another thing to try, update drivers or roll back. 

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

And keep the rest of the setting as i OC?

My 2013 First Build
Processor : Intel i7 3930K | Motherboard : Asus Rampage IV GENE | RAM : 2x Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 2x4GB Kit (Mix color black and red) | Graphics : Asus GTX 680 Direct CU II OC | SSD : Intel 520 Series 120GB | Cooler : Corsair H100i | PSU : Corsair AX760 | Chassis : Corsair Obsidian 650D | Mouse : Razer Mamba 4G Edition | Keyboard : Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013

And keep the rest of the setting as i OC?

Did the artifacts occure after the overclock? Artifacts can occure when an overclock is not stable or nor recieving enough power.

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Did the artifacts occure after the overclock? Artifacts can occure when an overclock is not stable or nor recieving enough power.

Yes, i did tried at default mode and downclock base on default mode and does me nothing.

My 2013 First Build

Yes, i did tried at default mode and downclock base on default mode and does me nothing.

Just increase the core voltage and mem voltage. It should be a fine fix. 

Just increase the core voltage and mem voltage. It should be a fine fix. 

How much is ur recommendation of increment? by 10 for each?

My 2013 First Build

A small increment should be fine. Don't increase like crazy.

A small increment should be fine. Don't increase like crazy.

Where can i adjust the mem volateg? u mean by Memory coltage of gpu right? sorry, not so good in OC yet xD

Previously i did use default mode and increase the power limit, vcore voltage and gpu boost clock and get a stable performance without issuue for around 1 or 2 weeks of playing games and now it came back. i was curious what happen to my card ==

My 2013 First Build

Where can i adjust the mem volateg? u mean by Memory coltage of gpu right? sorry, not so good in OC yet xD

Previously i did use default mode and increase the power limit, vcore voltage and gpu boost clock and get a stable performance without issuue for around 1 or 2 weeks of playing games and now it came back. i was curious what happen to my card ==

Yes Memory Voltage. 

Yes Memory Voltage. 

cannot see any memory voltage option in msi afterburner or asus gpu tweak

My 2013 First Build

cannot see any memory voltage option in msi afterburner or asus gpu tweak

Underclock your GPU to stock settings then.

Underclock your GPU to stock settings then.

same, at default still having the issue. =(

My 2013 First Build

same, at default still having the issue. =(

What drivers do you have? 

What drivers do you have? 

Nvidia latest beta driver.

My 2013 First Build

Nvidia latest beta driver.

roll  back

roll  back

OK, i will try to roll back to 331.82 WHQL driver. But the problem i faced is only on NFS Rival and also BF4,

my tomb raider benchmark have no artifacts effect and also running average fps of 53~55 at 1080p ultimate setting.

My 2013 First Build

OK, i will try to roll back to 331.82 WHQL driver. But the problem i faced is only on NFS Rival and also BF4,

my tomb raider benchmark have no artifacts effect and also running average fps of 53~55 at 1080p ultimate setting.

NVIDIA should have fixes later on like they always do, Currently their drivers are kinda buggy (for me)

Can't change the VCore on a 680, Voltage is locked on this card (I own one) it just throttles back to default, regardless on what you put on it :c

Current Build: Case: Define R4 White/Window CPU: i5 3470 @4.0Ghz GPU: GTX 680 DCUII +500Mhz(Mem) Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Monitor: Acer Monitor 1920x1080 MOBO: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Storage: 2TB HDD, 120GB 840 EVO (OS)

Future Build: 4670K, GTX 780 MSI TwinFrozr OC, Z87X-D3H, 8GB @1866Mhz, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 750D, RM 650W, Custom Loop. White/Blue/Black Colour Scheme. I literally cannot wait *_*

NVIDIA should have fixes later on like they always do, Currently their drivers are kinda buggy (for me)

I dunno is because of nvidia or not, cause i dont have friend running same games with me with the same gpu. a friend of mine running HD7850 with bf4 no issue at all.

My 2013 First Build

I dunno is because of nvidia or not, cause i dont have friend running same games with me with the same gpu. a friend of mine running HD7850 with bf4 no issue at all.

AMD is optimized for BF4 so that can't be compared with NVIDIA

Can't change the VCore on a 680, Voltage is locked on this card (I own one) it just throttles back to default, regardless on what you put on it :c

meaning the GPU Voltage? i just plug the card off and do some cleaning (it just like new and no dust....) and i plugged it into the second PCI-E 16x slot to test it. (On rampage iv gene)

AMD is optimized for BF4 so that can't be compared with NVIDIA

OK. would roll back to 331.82 n try to see any changes or not.

My 2013 First Build

meaning the GPU Voltage? i just plug the card off and do some cleaning (it just like new and no dust....) and i plugged it into the second PCI-E 16x slot to test it. (On rampage iv gene)

OK. would roll back to 331.82 n try to see any changes or not.

I have the exact GPU and no you cannot change the voltage on it, not sure what your problems are though, I am running all my games very nicely especially BF4 I can run Ultra 60+ if I heavily overclock my GPU which I do do for BF4. if you are going to roll back, use DriverSweeper to completely rid of any files of your Drivers before you install new ones, I had some problems because some files from the old drivers I had stayed and conflicted with my new drivers had horrible GPU usage, I just uninstalled using DriverSweeper making sure I ticked the box to remove any files and then let it do its thing and finally put some new drivers in. GPU works like a charm love DriverSweeper. :D

Current Build: Case: Define R4 White/Window CPU: i5 3470 @4.0Ghz GPU: GTX 680 DCUII +500Mhz(Mem) Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Monitor: Acer Monitor 1920x1080 MOBO: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Storage: 2TB HDD, 120GB 840 EVO (OS)

Future Build: 4670K, GTX 780 MSI TwinFrozr OC, Z87X-D3H, 8GB @1866Mhz, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 750D, RM 650W, Custom Loop. White/Blue/Black Colour Scheme. I literally cannot wait *_*

I have the exact GPU and no you cannot change the voltage on it, not sure what your problems are though, I am running all my games very nicely especially BF4 I can run Ultra 60+ if I heavily overclock my GPU which I do do for BF4. if you are going to roll back, use DriverSweeper to completely rid of any files of your Drivers before you install new ones, I had some problems because some files from the old drivers I had stayed and conflicted with my new drivers had horrible GPU usage, I just uninstalled using DriverSweeper making sure I ticked the box to remove any files and then let it do its thing and finally put some new drivers in. GPU works like a charm love DriverSweeper. :D

sometime its weird, im using GPU tweak to OC my card. and just now i ran a couple of times of tomb raider in ultimate settings(i believe 680 can handle it right?) but then i saw alot of abnormal hair shadows appear at some time when running the benchmarks in the game options. if i put my card setting to the one as shown in the pic (boost 1100Mhz, min voltage 1012, and power target to 125%) then everything be fine.... really headache @@ dunno whats the problem. i swap out the card n do cleaning and now in NFS Rival only some small artifacts happen. will try to do driver installation as u recommended. thanks =)

My 2013 First Build