Bad fps in CS:GO (200fps I7-8700k)

MythicKyle

Hi I built a new PC a few days ago (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Lp78RG). I am getting 200 fps in CS:GO even though I have a I7-8700k. I am using windows 10 pro (64 bit) . I inculed screenshots from the nvidia control panel and from the fps benchmark map in CS:GO, I also linked my autoexec (Maybe this will help? Idk). If anyone is willing to help me that would be very much appreciated.

-Kyle

Nvidia settings.png

Pc.png

Untitled.png

autoexec.cfg

sooooo... what exactly is bad about 200 fps??

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Well the problem is that 200fps shouldn't be what an 8700k is able to get and its underperforming. Plus, I tryhard cuz I'm global and every frame counts :D

Try changing the FPS limit in the console

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

Try changing the FPS limit in the console

I have tried it on 0 for no cap and 999. It doesn't help.

Close all the crap running in the background, disable the antialiasing in the nvidia control panel, put the computer in high performance mode, and so on.

5 minutes ago, Almostbauws said:

Close all the crap running in the background, disable the antialiasing in the nvidia control panel, put the computer in high performance mode, and so on.

I've already done all of this and nothing helped sadly enough.

9 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Something about when your monitor refreshes it will have a more recent frame to pick from. I find it stupid and I doubt it gives any noticeable competitive edge..

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

turn of gsync if you have it. 

1 minute ago, Almostbauws said:

turn of gsync if you have it. 

Don't have it

• 1 month later...

I have the result with my i7 8700k. Not bad fps, very stable, but much lower than I got from my recent i7 4790k.

I get less fps with my new system. But still it feels better when I play. So I don't really know if it's an issue or not. But I understand that number geeks feels ripped off.

You do realise that you can't see past your monitor's refresh rate right? So if it's 60hz for example, having 100fps makes no difference to your gameplay as even though the game might render smoother, you can't see that smoothness and equally react to it.

That said, I will install CSGO tonight and see what I get with my rig. What's your in-game graphics settings? Also you should OC your 8700k if you haven't already.

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

• 2 months later...
On 22.2.2018 at 1:07 PM, iiNNeX said:

You do realise that you can't see past your monitor's refresh rate right? So if it's 60hz for example, having 100fps makes no difference to your gameplay as even though the game might render smoother, you can't see that smoothness and equally react to it.

That said, I will install CSGO tonight and see what I get with my rig. What's your in-game graphics settings? Also you should OC your 8700k if you haven't already.

Well, you're wrong. 

If you have a 60hz screen and 500fps. The game/computer will send out a new picture each 2ms. But a 60hz display can view a new picture each 16,6ms.+delay. But your display will with 500fps in game be able to get a more "recent" or newer picture from the computer each 16,6ms. so you may get 2-3ms more recent picture. but going from 60hz to 120hz screen is better(8ms better) then having 200 to 500fps in game(2.5ms).

But also some people feels that the gameplay is better with 300-500 fps. than 200fps. even with the same screen. 

i have a true 240hz native screen. its plain stupid to play csgo with only 200fps then. i have 6700k OC'ed + gtx1080. And have 400-700fps csgo in comp.