MacBook fan curve

Hi, I apologise if this is in the wrong place. So my MacBook will be sitting at 99C+ at full load while playing games etc. but the fan still sits at 2000RPM. I have changed the thermal paste many times with the same results and I honestly don't think that's the issue. I have also replace the fan. My question is, is this a MacOS issue or a hardware one? My mac is an A1342, and I believe that this has been an issue with the last owner too, judging by the yellowed plastic around the fan. Could it be that because it has overheated in the past and been left that it's damaged the chip?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

You can't fix that, sorry, its just a terrible computer for trying to game on, I'm not surprised at the thermals.

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

5 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

You can't fix that, sorry, its just a terrible computer for trying to game on, I'm not surprised at the thermals.

It's not even while gaming though. YouTube seems to make it pretty hot. Plus the issue isn't that it can't play games it's that the fan does nothing when it gets hot. 

There’s apps to fix this, I use Macs Fan Control for my MacBook and it keeps it at 70C the absolute highest, with the fans at their full 6200RPM, My curve is around 35C to start ramping the fans up, and max out at 70C. Still not the best to have that on your lap, but it’s better than boiling water.

Here’s the link, they also have a Boot Camp version for windows. 

https://www.crystalidea.com/macs-fan-control

Not actually the database software, just some furry. Vintage tech enthusiast, has more old tech than they know what to do with.

Main system: i5-4690k, 16GB DDR3, 2x120GB SSD, 2TB HDD, CD-ROM Drive (in 2017 lol), R9 270X 2GB, Windows 7

Laptop: MacBookPro9,1, i7-3615QM, 8GB DDR3, 256GB SSD, GT650M 512MB, macOS 10.13

1 hour ago, fixitnow said:

It's not even while gaming though. YouTube seems to make it pretty hot. Plus the issue isn't that it can't play games it's that the fan does nothing when it gets hot. 

That's the case with most old macs, especially a core 2 duo version

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

I tried resetting the PRAM and SMC and for some reason it worked, even though I have tried before.