CM MasterCase Pro 5

Is the CM MasterCase Pro 5 still worth it? It's 2-3 years old now, what's new that could make this case obsolete? I know an obvious answer to this may be the MasterCase Pro 6 also by Cooler Master, but that one is more expensive and it's inferior in terms of airflow, at least to my understanding.

Also, if somebody has had any experience with it and want to share it with me I'd appreciate it, whether you had built a system in it for a client/friend for instance or you actually own or had owned one. Thanks in advance.

By the way sorry if I take too long to read your replies, it's late where I live so I'm probably going to do so tomorrow. Thanks again.

i have a friend who has the  pro 5 and he loves it and says there is nothing wrong with it, obviously no case is perfect so his opinion is bias, if thats what you wanted to hear then buy the case!

otherwise im confident at least one of the bigger 'tech tubers' has done a video on the case and that shoild be unbiased.

6 minutes ago, ImNotThere said:

i have a friend who has the  pro 5 and he loves it and says there is nothing wrong with it, obviously no case is perfect so his opinion is bias, if thats what you wanted to hear then buy the case!

otherwise im confident at least one of the bigger 'tech tubers' has done a video on the case and that shoild be unbiased.

Thanks for replying.

Sorry if I expressed myself wrong, what I want to know is whether there is a newer case that could make the CM MasterCase Pro 5 obsolete or not.

Just now, Fred Flintstone said:

Thanks for replying.

Sorry if I expressed myself wrong, what I want to know is whether there is a newer case that could make the MasterCase Pro 5 obsolete or not.

nothing that will make it obsolete, it looks to not have tempered glass but thays not deal breaking, it doesnt have a full cover psu shroud or type c usb, unless these are things you really need then its stoll a relevent cases

3 minutes ago, ImNotThere said:

nothing that will make it obsolete, it looks to not have tempered glass but thays not deal breaking, it doesnt have a full cover psu shroud or type c usb, unless these are things you really need then its stoll a relevent cases

Oh, okay.

Also, have you had any experience with the case directly? You mentioned you have a friend who owns one. If you did get to do something with it, what can you say about it in terms of quality or so?

19 minutes ago, Fred Flintstone said:

Oh, okay.

Also, have you had any experience with the case directly? You mentioned you have a friend who owns one. If you did get to do something with it, what can you say about it in terms of quality or so?

not awful, not great, its a good case for the money

I have the MasterCase 5, the only difference between the standard and the pro is the front door thingy, I bought the radiator bracket for the top separately from Cooler Master.

Intel i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz | NZXT Kraken X52 | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 | 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz | CoolerMaster MasterCase 5

I think the quality is excellent, everything is really well made, attention to detail is good, loooads of room round the back for cables including velcro ties, comes with drive cages, bay cages (for cd drives) and ssd mounts/cages in the box so really flexible for different builds. Temps are really good (but I dont have the door on the front so I presume this would affect it) and I even got the vertical mount from Cooler Master for it as well as the tempered glass panel. Looks like a beast.

IMG_20171130_173132_869.jpg

Intel i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz | NZXT Kraken X52 | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 | 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz | CoolerMaster MasterCase 5

1 hour ago, Zangashtu said:

I think the quality is excellent, everything is really well made, attention to detail is good, loooads of room round the back for cables including velcro ties, comes with drive cages, bay cages (for cd drives) and ssd mounts/cages in the box so really flexible for different builds. Temps are really good (but I dont have the door on the front so I presume this would affect it) and I even got the vertical mount from Cooler Master for it as well as the tempered glass panel. Looks like a beast.

IMG_20171130_173132_869.jpg

It's good to know that it's a good quality product. Though the ones that have the front panel kind of blocked are both Maker versions, the Pro is almost the same as the base model but it has an extra drive cage, an acrylic window, the radiator mount and an extra 140mm fan. So far I've watched a few videos and read a couple reviews and all say that it's very well made, it has no sharp edges, no bent screws, etc. So I think I'll probably order mine next week. Thanks for replying, much appreciated.

2 hours ago, Zangashtu said:

I think the quality is excellent, everything is really well made

So the construction is good? Are the panels and the frame sturdy?

Yeah definitely mate, I don't think you'll be disappointed :)

There are only 2 things that might separate that case from a case released within the last or next few months. First, tempered glass. Aesthetics only. Second, IO. Very few cases have front panel USB-C right now, but you could theoretically get one. Personally, I have neither of those things, and I could not care less.

Got tempered glass as an extra, looks a million times better IMO, I don't use USB-C. Don't have to so not an issue for me 

17 hours ago, Zangashtu said:

Yeah definitely mate, I don't think you'll be disappointed :)

Okay, thanks! Nice Goku figurine by the way :P...

13 hours ago, MlnmFlcn said:

There are only 2 things that might separate that case from a case released within the last or next few months. First, tempered glass. Aesthetics only. Second, IO. Very few cases have front panel USB-C right now, but you could theoretically get one. Personally, I have neither of those things, and I could not care less.

3 hours ago, Zangashtu said:

Got tempered glass as an extra, looks a million times better IMO, I don't use USB-C. Don't have to so not an issue for me 

Tempered glass is not a must have personally, and if I ever need a USB-C port for some reason I will probably just install a PCIe card. I'm going to order the case this week, thanks for all the info!

Its Vegeta.... :P 

I've got a USB C on the back of my motherboard, never used it like! :P

No worries man! Glad to be of help