Haunted Fuck..g Hardware.

Howitz

specs in my profile description

So uh, read my explaination carefully, it's haunted hardware so it's complicated.

After a few months of working perfectly fine, it happens that my desktop suddenly decide to freeze out of nowhere with a loud buzzing noise, the only way to restart it is to force reboot. The first time it started doing that, i had a hard time fixing it, i would keep trying different stuff but nothing seemed to work and it would just continue doing it every once in a while (1-2 times per hour).

The way i fixed it and made my desktop go on for another 1-2 months running fine was by reseating my graphics card, reseating my ram, removing cmos battery, holding power button for a minute, put everything back in place and start the computer. after i done that, it worked well for the last 2 months, now it just restarted crashing. (nothing new installed or anything, did'nt touch drivers, only got updates from windows.

I repeated all the steps i took last time, i have yet to see if it's alright or if it will crash again. but for some reason, 5 mins ago my google chrome icon on the taskbar was'nt working, it popped an error message saying the emplacement is invalid, do i wish to remove it. so i do just that and go back into the start menu to find chrome, which is still installed by the way. i put a new taskbar icon, open chrome, and my passwords are not saved anymore, i have to retype everything. what do you guys think of that?

It's not haunted. It's defective.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

2 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

It's not haunted. It's defective.

why would it suddenly decide to be defective then fine for 2 months, and then defective, and then alright for 2 more months? intermitent defectiveness? it's either defective or it's not... -_- right?

4 minutes ago, Howitz said:

why would it suddenly decide to be defective then fine for 2 months, and then defective, and then alright for 2 more months? intermitent defectiveness? it's either defective or it's not... -_- right?

Sometimes parts behave in odd ways with no straight answer. It's not haunted. It's more to do with intermittent defectiveness.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Have you tried to do a clean install of Windows?  If it was an iMac machine I would say it was part of Apples Planned Obsolcense program.  Sorry about the spelling of that word Obsolete.  I don't use that word often enough to know how to spell it right.

5 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Have you tried to do a clean install of Windows?  If it was an iMac machine I would say it was part of Apples Planned Obsolcense program.  Sorry about the spelling of that word Obsolete.  I don't use that word often enough to know how to spell it right.

i did a full pc reset from the OS included option to do so, did'nt get an usb version or anything.

I would do a complete reinstall/setup of the OS using a Windows Media Creation tool.  An 8 gig flash drive will be more than enough to handle the job.  Just make sure you have backup copies of all your important files/documents/videos.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media

8 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

I would do a complete reinstall/setup of the OS using a Windows Media Creation tool.  An 8 gig flash drive will be more than enough to handle the job.  Just make sure you have backup copies of all your important files/documents/videos.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media

yeah i should do that :P thanks, when i have time :P