Are there any external Graphics card cases out there that are under 200$? I have found some solutions that use the mini PCI-E  slots located in most laptops, but this would require having a cord hanging out of my laptop.  I would be fine with any DIY solutions or prebuilt options, I just what to find a solution that is under 200$ (Excluding the graphics card of course).  Preferably, I would like it to be powered over Thunderbolt 3 as well.

Thanks for all Suggestions :)

TheGodlyJorts

https://www.amazon.com/Akitio-Node-Thunderbolt3-Windows-Compatible/dp/B06XKKSNTS/ref=as_li_ss_tl?tag=amazongs-20&ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&linkId=804acc293b820994779b1969aee7004a

That is the closest I have found. Do you already have a GPU to put in it? Did you make sure you have a thunderbolt 3 capable device and not just a USB-C capable device?

EDIT: While there are plenty of PCIe 16x chassis out there, most only support devices powered through the 16x slot itself. eGPU enclosures include a power supply for basically any card you would even consider putting in there.

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 8700k | be quiet! Dark Rock 4 | Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac | 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ | 256 GB Intel® SSD 600p Series | ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Mini | Fractal Design Node 304 | Cooler Master V750 | Asus MG279Q | Asus VC279 | Logitech G710+ | Corsair M65 Pro RGB

7 minutes ago, TheGodlyJorts said:

What's your laptop?

And unless you already have a GPU, you won't be getting anything external for $200 or less

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 hour ago, Streetguru said:

What's your laptop?

And unless you already have a GPU, you won't be getting anything external for $200 or less

I have an Asus q524. 

No, I don't have a GPU at the moment and I don't plan on getting one unless I can find a reasonably priced external graphics card case.  I know that the graphics card will add a substantial amount to the overall cost.  The problem is, other than the Alien ware graphics amplifier(150$), which only works with Alien ware laptops, I cant find something that will work with other laptops in the same price range...

Idk if this helps narrow down what I am looking for...

Thank You,

TheGodlyJorts

1 hour ago, Unimaginative Name said:

https://www.amazon.com/Akitio-Node-Thunderbolt3-Windows-Compatible/dp/B06XKKSNTS/ref=as_li_ss_tl?tag=amazongs-20&ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&linkId=804acc293b820994779b1969aee7004a

That is the closest I have found. Do you already have a GPU to put in it? Did you make sure you have a thunderbolt 3 capable device and not just a USB-C capable device?

EDIT: While there are plenty of PCIe 16x chassis out there, most only support devices powered through the 16x slot itself. eGPU enclosures include a power supply for basically any card you would even consider putting in there.

I did see that same eGPU case that you linked when I was looking for one.  I also so that Alienware had one that was only $150 but it only works with Alienware computers...  but I would think that if alien ware makes one for $150 then there has to be some Chinese manufacturer selling some for at least that cheap.

No, I don't have a GPU at the moment and I don't plan on getting one unless I can find a reasonably priced external graphics card case.  Yes, I am 99% sure it is a Thunderbolt 3 connection, I looked in the user manual (its an Asus 2 in 1 q524).  

Idk if this is even a thing, but is there thunderbolt 3 to PCI-E board that I could just buy?  I would much rather buy it all separately and put it together myself.

Thank You,

TheGodlyJorts

1 hour ago, TheGodlyJorts said:

Well there's really not much point in looking now

but just google like MSI/Gigabyte ect for External GPU solutions, there's plenty of them floating around

Really I would probably suggest just selling the laptop and then buying one with a Ryzen APU so long as it has fast dual channel memory if you want to do some gaming

Do you 100% need a laptop?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Well there's really not much point in looking now

but just google like MSI/Gigabyte ect for External GPU solutions, there's plenty of them floating around

Really I would probably suggest just selling the laptop and then buying one with a Ryzen APU so long as it has fast dual channel memory if you want to do some gaming

Do you 100% need a laptop?

Yeah, I currently need my laptop... I am in college and going into computer engineering so I need something powerful that I can take with me, otherwise I would buy some cheap ass chrome book an put money into a decent PC. 

2 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Just build your own!

I would, but I can't find a Thunderbolt 3 to PCI-E converter...

21 minutes ago, TheGodlyJorts said:

Thunderbolt 3 to PCI-E converter

http://www.sonnettech.com/product/thunderbolt/index.html

Thunderbolt Upgrade Cards

Thunderbolt 2 Upgrade Cards Thunderbolt 2 Upgrade Card
2-port 20Gbps Thunderbolt 2 interface card for Echo Express III-D and III-R.

Thunderbolt 3 Upgrade Cards Thunderbolt 3 Upgrade Cards
2-port 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) interface upgrade cards, replace Thunderbolt 2 interface cards in Echo Express Thunderbolt 2 to PCIe Card Expansion Systems and select Sonnet Thunderbolt 2 adapters.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboard-Accessory/ThunderboltEX-3/

24 minutes ago, TheGodlyJorts said:

Yeah, I currently need my laptop... I am in college and going into computer engineering so I need something powerful that I can take with me, otherwise I would buy some cheap ass chrome book an put money into a decent PC. 

Then ya maybe just trade that for some kind of Ryzen APU laptop in one way or another. No idea when more are coming out though, or if there's more gaming benchmarks coming, might be a decent option while GPUs prices are broken.

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

http://www.sonnettech.com/product/thunderbolt/index.html

Thunderbolt Upgrade Cards

Thunderbolt 2 Upgrade Cards Thunderbolt 2 Upgrade Card
2-port 20Gbps Thunderbolt 2 interface card for Echo Express III-D and III-R.

Thunderbolt 3 Upgrade Cards Thunderbolt 3 Upgrade Cards
2-port 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) interface upgrade cards, replace Thunderbolt 2 interface cards in Echo Express Thunderbolt 2 to PCIe Card Expansion Systems and select Sonnet Thunderbolt 2 adapters.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboard-Accessory/ThunderboltEX-3/

You do realize that the last 3 links you sent were PCIe to thunderbolt

However, the first link looks like it has potential.

Edited by TheGodlyJorts

4 minutes ago, TheGodlyJorts said:

3 links

Ah my bad, I see that now (embarassed emijicon)

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/162652-diy-external-thunderbolt-gpu-turbo-charges-macbook-air-graphics-performance-by-7x

On the hardware side of the equation, that meant buying an adapter for converting PCIe video cards to ExpressCard slots. The PE4L-C060A from Bplus Technology is capable of handling this task. Next came an Express Card to Thunderbolt chassis courtesy of Sonnet ExpressCard Pro. Run the Thunderbolt cable from the ExpressCard Pro converter to the laptop, hook the GPU up to a power supply, and the hardware side of the equation is good to go.

Just now, Canada EH said:

Ah my bad, I see that now (embarassed emijicon)

its all good, the first link has some options that I am going to look into.

Thanks man