After using a laptop to game, this is my first PC build. 460x w/i5 and 1070ti

SACBALLZ

Hey guys, so just like the title says. I had an MSI laptop with i5 and 960m, upgraded with a Sandisk Ultra 2 SSD 480gb. It served me well, but I was enjoying gaming so much and my brother liked his first build so much that I decided to build a rig myself. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures. 

Case: Corsair 460x RGB

Mobo: Asus ROG Strix 270e

CPU: i5 7600k 

Cooler: NZXT Kraken X42

GPU: MSI 1070ti Duke

Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16gb(8gb x 2) 2400mhz

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500gb

PSU: Corsair CX650M

Peripherals:

Monitor: Dell S2417DG

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow X Ultimate

Mouse: Razer Deathadder

I used one of the pre-configured Asus overclock's for my CPU, it max's at 4.5ghz. After watching alot of YouTube videos, particularly Jayz, I learned to OC GPU's and used Afterburner to achieve a 225mhz offset on the core and a 450 on the memory, sits around 2088 on the core in games. I didn't realize the NZXT uses a 140mm fan on the radiator when I bought it, so I had to remove two out of the 3 120's on the front of the case for it to fit, and used one of the leftover 120's as an exhaust. I recently bought a 3 pack of Corsair 140 ML's to have matching 140mm RGB fans in the front(the stock Kraken fan was not RGB) and set the radiator up with push/pull. I then added another of the leftover 120mm fans as a top exhaust. It actually helped my temps alot, 5C decrease on the GPU(this GPU is known for being hotter than other GPU's with a 3 or even 2 fan cooler) and around the same on the CPU. I also got some sleeved cable extensions for the 24 ATX plug and the GPU, the CXM cables looked awful. Cable management as im sure some of you are aware, is a bitch in this case. I should have gotten a fully modular PSU and real sleeved cables instead of extensions, i think it would have made cable management much better. I may do that eventually. I also have an old 2.5 WD Blue HDD 1TB that I'm going to add at some point, and possibly another 850 Evo to run two SSD's in Raid 0. Anyway, hope you guys like it as much as I do. I'm excited to continue fine tuning it and refining it as time goes on. 

IMG_20180113_172408558.jpg

IMG_20180113_172437137.jpg

44 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I like it!

Thanks!

3 hours ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

What does the cost look like? How much was it?

I bought everything at Microcenter in Duluth,Ga the day before Christmas. At the time, they had one 1070 in stock and it was $500, the 1070ti I got was $460. They price matched an online store on the monitor for $350. I already had my keyboard and mouse. The whole build with the monitor cost $1995. And I just spent $170 more on the cable extensions and 3 Corsair ML fans. 

Oh and figure $100 for Windows, which was included in the $1995 total. 

21 hours ago, SACBALLZ said:

I bought everything at Microcenter in Duluth,Ga the day before Christmas. At the time, they had one 1070 in stock and it was $500, the 1070ti I got was $460. They price matched an online store on the monitor for $350. I already had my keyboard and mouse. The whole build with the monitor cost $1995. And I just spent $170 more on the cable extensions and 3 Corsair ML fans. 

Oh and figure $100 for Windows, which was included in the $1995 total. 

What monitor? That pricing is really good

Computers r fun

50 minutes ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

What monitor? That pricing is really good

It's in the spec list of the original post. Dell S2417DG, a 1440 165hz monitor.