Will the nh-d15 fit in my build or should I go for the x62?

scanjet1000

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/YC42KZ If it fits ill get it. if not i'm going for x62. I have 2 ram sticks that need to fit. I'm not sure how to find out if everything will fit sorry!

Also will the d15 have decent airflow in the r6 case? Should I point it to bring air from the front of the case or top to bottom?

31 minutes ago, scanjet1000 said:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/YC42KZ If it fits ill get it. if not i'm going for x62. I have 2 ram sticks that need to fit. I'm not sure how to find out if everything will fit sorry!

Also will the d15 have decent airflow in the r6 case? Should I point it to bring air from the front of the case or top to bottom?

nh d15 will fit ... also, I wouldnt recommand x62 because it is OVERPRICED... get cheaper one w/o RGB (cooler master new AIO are cheap and use same pump than the x62 for almost half the price)

Server 1 PC                                                   Server 2 PC                                               GEAR

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700                                                   CPU: Athlon 200GE                                               Keyboard: Logitech G Pro Keyboard

Motherboard: Aorus AX-X370-K7                            Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H              Mouse: Logitech G900

CPU Cooler: Wraith Spire RGB                                CPU Cooler: Stock Cooler                                    Mousepad : Corsair MM300

Ram: Kingston 32GB 2666MHz                                Ram: Patriot Signature Line 8GB 2666MHz          Monitor: Acer XZ350CU Black 35" 21:9 144 Hz  

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980ti                              HDD: 1X WD Red 2TB                                           Headphones : Audio technica ATH-AD700X                          

HDD: 5X Seagate Barracuda 7.2k RPM 1TB            SSD: 1X128GB Samsung Evo                              Speakers: Logitech Z506 5.1

SSD: 2X512GB Samsung Evo                                  PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR 500 W1

PSU: HGC 850W Antec 80+ Bronze                         Case: Rosewill 2U Server Chassis

Case: Rosewill 4U Server Chassis           

@ethebigd Thanks.
The masterliquid pro 280 looks cool. 
But if the d15 is going to fit, i'll just get that. No risk of leaking or pump failures that way.

rule of thumb:

if the rear i/o fan is 140mm safe to say any HSF 165mm will fit. only when the 120mm is the only i/o fan size, questions start to come up about fitment.

47 minutes ago, scanjet1000 said:

What are you using your PC for? Monitor Resolution/Refresh rate?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

You could also look at the NH-D15S It comes with one less fan but I doubt you would notice. It has the advantage of being able to be used on mini-itx boards in case you ever went that way in the future. Even if you don't it gives you a bit more space between the cooler and your graphics card. The only thing I would say is you might want to get a MB PCI-E extension cable because then you can install the cooler (and the extension cable) on the motherboard before you put it in the case.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

14 minutes ago, scanjet1000 said:

@ethebigd Thanks.
The masterliquid pro 280 looks cool. 
But if the d15 is going to fit, i'll just get that. No risk of leaking or pump failures that way.

I would go for liquid cooler ... honestly it never failed me over 10 years of usage ... the fans use to die before the pump ... never had a leaking... IMO leaks are often user miscare more than OEM fault ...

Server 1 PC                                                   Server 2 PC                                               GEAR

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700                                                   CPU: Athlon 200GE                                               Keyboard: Logitech G Pro Keyboard

Motherboard: Aorus AX-X370-K7                            Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H              Mouse: Logitech G900

CPU Cooler: Wraith Spire RGB                                CPU Cooler: Stock Cooler                                    Mousepad : Corsair MM300

Ram: Kingston 32GB 2666MHz                                Ram: Patriot Signature Line 8GB 2666MHz          Monitor: Acer XZ350CU Black 35" 21:9 144 Hz  

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980ti                              HDD: 1X WD Red 2TB                                           Headphones : Audio technica ATH-AD700X                          

HDD: 5X Seagate Barracuda 7.2k RPM 1TB            SSD: 1X128GB Samsung Evo                              Speakers: Logitech Z506 5.1

SSD: 2X512GB Samsung Evo                                  PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR 500 W1

PSU: HGC 850W Antec 80+ Bronze                         Case: Rosewill 2U Server Chassis

Case: Rosewill 4U Server Chassis           

2 hours ago, Streetguru said:

What are you using your PC for? Monitor Resolution/Refresh rate?

Gaming, editing. mostly gaming
I have a pretty crappy monitor atm. Gonna upgrade it next paycheck to something 144ghz maybe 1440p.

2 hours ago, ethebigd said:

I would go for liquid cooler ... honestly it never failed me over 10 years of usage ... the fans use to die before the pump ... never had a leaking... IMO leaks are often user miscare more than OEM fault ...

I've heard about lots of problems with cam software when using aio. Had any problems yourself? How hard is it to control fan speed when casually gaming?

6 minutes ago, scanjet1000 said:

Gaming, editing. mostly gaming
I have a pretty crappy monitor atm. Gonna upgrade it next paycheck to something 144ghz maybe 1440p.

The Kraken AIOs are overpriced

As a side note you could save a ton of cash and still have a solid gaming PC

you should get the 1070ti and just overclock it instead of a 1080 most likely, save a bit there easily

If you want a silence focused build then the Pure Base 600 is where it's at.

PCPartPicker part list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ypnKPs
Price breakdown by merchant: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ypnKPs/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  (£159.54 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£21.99 @ Ebuyer)
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X370-PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£128.75 @ Aria PC)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£121.98 @ Ebuyer)
Storage: Crucial - MX300 525GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (£127.32 @ More Computers)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£37.50 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: KFA2 - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB EX Video Card  (£428.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Case: be quiet! - Pure Base 600 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£69.98 @ CCL Computers)
Power Supply: XFX - XTR 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£83.99 @ Box Limited)
Total: £1180.04
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-13 17:19 GMT+0000

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

The Kraken AIOs are overpriced

As a side note you could save a ton of cash and still have a solid gaming PC

you should get the 1070ti and just overclock it instead of a 1080 most likely, save a bit there easily

If you want a silence focused build then the Pure Base 600 is where it's at.

PCPartPicker part list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ypnKPs
Price breakdown by merchant: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ypnKPs/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  (£159.54 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£21.99 @ Ebuyer)
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X370-PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£128.75 @ Aria PC)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£121.98 @ Ebuyer)
Storage: Crucial - MX300 525GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (£127.32 @ More Computers)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£37.50 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: KFA2 - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB EX Video Card  (£428.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Case: be quiet! - Pure Base 600 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£69.98 @ CCL Computers)
Power Supply: XFX - XTR 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£83.99 @ Box Limited)
Total: £1180.04
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-13 17:19 GMT+0000

Already bought everything but the cooler :L

No issues with RAM, no issues with case.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv