delete this

What GPU are you going to use? Most of the case, it's gonna perform very good. Intel has lack innovation for the past 6 generations(not counting 8th gen), so it's gonna do good.

Sure, it's pretty good at gaming; I just wouldn't buy one new since it's on an old platform.

"Hyper Demon" Build: 

Case: NZXT H440 Hyper Beast.  CPU: AMD R9 3900x (cooled by a KrakeX62).  GPU: AMD XFX RX 6900XT Merc 319 Black.  RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 32GB ram @3600mhz.  Mobo: Asus Crosshair VI hero. PSU: Corsair RM850x.  Boot drive: Samsung 960 evo 500gb nvme ssd.  Game storage: Samsung 860 evo 1TB SATA SSD.  Bulk storage: WD Black 2TB.  

2 minutes ago, Factory OC said:

What GPU are you going to use? Most of the case, it's gonna perform very good. Intel has lack innovation for the past 6 generations(not counting 8th gen), so it's gonna do good.

1 minute ago, Java said:

Sure, it's pretty good at gaming; I just wouldn't buy one new since it's on an old platform.

If it's the right price, and second hand mb's are cheap, it's a good buy. Of course, if the price isn't, rather buy into a new gen, like you said.

like, its not BAD or anything. its pretty good, but there are a lot of better chips as well, i think even the I7 4790K is close if not better at least once you have overclocked because most games just dont use most of those cores. If you want to stream or do video work or whatever its not bad if you have it or are getting it used, but a faster quadcore/hexacore with HT would win. like it will play games just fine, any game, but its not the best

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

18 minutes ago, Factory OC said:

If it's the right price, and second hand mb's are cheap, it's a good buy. Of course, if the price isn't, rather buy into a new gen, like you said.

i can get one for $466.80

18 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

like, its not BAD or anything. its pretty good, but there are a lot of better chips as well, i think even the I7 4790K is close if not better at least once you have overclocked because most games just dont use most of those cores. If you want to stream or do video work or whatever its not bad if you have it or are getting it used, but a faster quadcore/hexacore with HT would win. like it will play games just fine, any game, but its not the best

what about the 7700k?

1 minute ago, VillaiNPC said:

Yeah, skip the new gen, your gonna need something old

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I totally agree, old I7's are still amazing till this day.

1 minute ago, VillaiNPC said:

what about the 7700k?

that winns in games, looses in video work, streaming and so on that can use the extra threads

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Factory OC said:

Yeah, skip the new gen, your gonna need something old

I totally agree, old I7's are still amazing till this day.

i might just go with the 7700K & 1080 since my MB supports the 7700K

17 minutes ago, VillaiNPC said:

i can get one for $466.80

That is quite expensive for that processor...

15 minutes ago, VillaiNPC said:

i might just go with the 7700K & 1080 since my MB supports the 7700K

Yeah, that's better.

yeah, it'l run crisis or what ever you want...

Used to be everywhere in LTT forums, had a break which lasted apparently 1 year LOL. 

Gonna get up againnnn.

Wake me up if I sleep again like Oppy.