HELP- Windows 8.1

SirCoffee

My little brother's computer windows is going super slow. Now this issue just happened today it was working like a charm last night. Just to boot the computer it takes damn near 10min. Before it was a 30 second boot. When the windows logo pops up during boot the loading wheel is super lagy it takes a second just to move. Now once its logged in the mouse is moving super low like its lagging across the screen. This computer was just build not even a week ago so this windows is new. 

Just now, Himommies said:

Reinstall windows

Thats last resort im trying to avoid that currently trying to find new suggestions

Check startup applications. Check the performance tab under Task Manager to get an idea of what is running. Check Event Viewer > System Logs as well. Even if it is a new PC, run a S.M.A.R.T. health check on your hard drive to make sure it is performing to spec.

Startup items can be found in the Task Manger. Task Manager can be accessed by right-clicking on the Taskbar.
Event Viewer can be accessed by right-clicking on the Start Button.

CrystalDisk Info and HDD Guardian can both be used for quick S.M.A.R.T. checks.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

If its only been a week, just reinstall windows

my issue is this tho. i live in the middle of nowhere. i have Satelite internet so my download speed is 500kbs and it takes forever to download things thats why im trying to avoid it.

Reinstall Windows but do an in-place upgrade. You will be able to keep all of your files and programs. It only takes about a half an hour.